The skies are blue, the sun is out and the surf is up in Naples in April! Spring sets in Naples in the month of April when the temperatures start increasing after a big lull in the winter and the days start getting longer. It is the perfect time to take advantage of the fewer crowds and have all the attractions and beaches to yourself! Naples and its UNESCO Heritage center is a good place to start the sightseeing, while the islands around it like Capri and Ischia are ideal to rent a villa and set the relax mode on! Learn more about what to do in Naples in April and how to prepare for it, with this short guide which will not just motivate you to visit Naples in the month of April but will also give you an insight on how you must do it.
Why Visit Naples In April?
- Pleasant Weather – Naples weather in April is the main reason for visiting Naples in during this month. The sun starts peeking more after the winter months and spring is in the air. With the festivities of Easter in April, the locals also welcome spring and you will also see fresh vegetables and fruits entering the markets, making them lively. It is also a good time to take part in outdoor activities like hiking, cycling etc.
- Shoulder Season – Naples in April mean fewer crowds. Most schools are still working worldwide and you will find that not many families turn up at this time. However, since the weather is good a lot of older tourists start visiting. This is why it is the shoulder tourist season and you will see fewer crowds at attractions in Naples.
- Cheaper rates – Fewer crowds mean lesser demand for hotels and flight rates, you can manage to get good deals everywhere. This way you can get the choice of your hotels or villas in Naples and enjoy spending a longer duration at the same budget!
Weather In Naples In April In 2021
The Naples Italy weather in April is both sunny and comes with a little bit of rain and thunderstorms. The average temperature is around 20° while the highest temperatures during the day can go up to 29°. During the evenings and night, the temperature takes a dip and it goes down to around 10°. The temperatures rise at least 5° from the beginning of April until the end of April.
The day times are also longer in April, with about twelve hours of daylight. The sunset in Naples in April happens around 7:30 PM while the sun rises at 6:30 AM. This means you have a longer duration of day time to go sightseeing and participate in outdoor activities.
The rainfall is about 100 mm and you can expect about 13 days of rainfall. At the same time, the sea temperatures are around 16° making swimming in the sea a bit of a challenge but not impossible!
Top Things To Do In Naples In April
Here is the list of things you can do when you are planning of visiting Naples in April. Keep scrolling down to know more!
1. Napoli Comicon: Dress Up!
The Naples Comicon is one of the largest comic cons in Europe. It will be conducted from 25th – 28th April 2019 at the Mostra d’Oltremare. The Comicon was first started in 1998 and it will be the twenty-first edition in 2019 with a theme of ‘A New Beginning’. Artists, comic fans, game developers, celebrities, and a lot of people who just love dressing up as comic stars visit the Comicon.
2. Bay Of Naples: Go Island Hopping
The pleasant weather of April is the best time to indulge in outdoor activities. The sun is out and it is the perfect time to go on a boat ride to all the islands near Naples. The most popular islands are Capri, Ischia, Procida, Ventotene, and Palmarola. You can cover at least two-three of them on a day trip or you can stay on the islands of Capri and Ischia for overnight trips to enjoy the sights on the islands.
3. Outdoor Activities Around Naples
The Naples Italy weather in April is bright and sunny, the perfect time to get outdoors and enjoy the bounty of nature of the region. Springtime also means fresh produce hitting the markets and Naples has a strong culinary tradition where restaurants stir up amazing seasonal foods. You can go snorkeling as the waters are clear and undisturbed by rain, it is great to be fishing in the area too. Or you can choose to go horseback riding near Pompeii and hike the summit of Mount Vesuvius! There are a lot of things to do in Naples in April!
Suggested Read: Scuba Diving In Italy: 10 Top Spots To Enjoy The Thrilling Sport
Foods To Eat In Naples In April
- Artichoke Risotto – Artichokes are in season in April all over Naples and you will find the fleshy vegetable in restaurants all across Naples. One of the favorite ways to eat the artichoke is in a cheesy risotto.
- Neapolitan Pizza – Naples is the birthplace of the Neapolitan Pizza and springtime is the best to get the freshest tomatoes for the pizza. A spattering of oregano, garlic, and plentiful olive oil, you can go to pizza heaven with this pizza!
- Mozzarella Salad – The best fresh vegetables come to the markets in springtime, vegetables like tomatoes, spinach, basil, oregano, all flood the market this time. Add to that fresh buffalo mozzarella and you have got yourself a winner!
- Neapolitan Coffee – Not just pizza, even the coffee from Naples is world famous! The Neapolitan coffee is thick and sweet, perfect for sitting out in a cafe in old Naples and watching the world go by while sipping the coffee. It makes for the perfect post-meal drink and a must-try on your Naples trip.
- Cuoppo – Seafood and Naples go hand in hand, add frying to the mix and you have a dish you can’t stop eating! The Cuoppo is a fried fish and the freshest catch of the day is used for this. You can get anchovies, squid, white fish variations and for the vegetarians, zucchini blossoms do the trick!
What To Pack For A Trip To Naples In April?
Spring is just popping in Naples in April and you will have a mix of rain and shine. But, most of the days will be sunny and you will certainly have to bring in your sunscreen and a cap to keep the sun out of your eyes. It is a good time to start tanning while enjoying the beaches so you can bring a swimsuit, although it can get cold on rainy days.
The best thing is to pack layers. Get a rain jacket just in case of the thunderstorms, and a light warm jacket for the occasional chill. During the day you can wear summer dresses and half-sleeved shirts.
If you are wondering what to wear in Naples in April in the evenings, we would suggest you to wear stylish evening clothes, especially if you are visiting fine-dining restaurants or church for the Easter Prayer.
Excited at the prospect of visiting Naples in April? Families get together and celebrate with an Easter lunch while on the following Monday they head out to picnics, even so far as going to the islands near Naples. It is one of the top things to do in Naples in April. Book your tickets now to avail low rates and call TravelTriangle to plan your Italian Vacation right now!
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Naples In April
How hot is Naples in April?
The average temperature in Naples in April is 9°C – 18°C and the weather is not that hot.
What is the temperature on the Amalfi Coast in April?
The temperature on the Amalfi Coast in April is 13°C.
What is the weather in April in Italy?
The weather in April in Italy is quite unpredictable. The temperature is normally 14°C and mild April showers are observed.
What is the best time to visit Naples Italy?
The very best time to enjoy sightseeing in Naples is obviously in the spring. So between mid-march and early June where the weather is typically pleasant and warm.
What is the best time of year to visit Pompeii?
You can visit Naples from November to April because it is the off tourist season.
Is Naples a good visit?
It is the place where the original wood-fired Neapolitan Pizza became famous. You have to visit this place if you are a die-hard fan of pizza. It is also the home of the best archaeological museums which is the National Archaeological Museum.
Is Naples Safe?
Yes, if you are a visitor or normally a local, you are safe. Follow the basic safety tips to make sure that you are safe.
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.