The wedding season in India has begun, and so has the search for the best places to visit in April in India for honeymoon. It is that time of the year when it seems that all the beautiful couples you have ever met have chosen the same window of the time to get married. It’s great that your wedding day has been finalized, but what about your honeymoon? Still confused?
Sort the confusion with this list of the most romantic places in India in April. Read on to figure out which one is your dream destination before you plan a honeymoon in India. All of these destinations mentioned below have an entirely different experience from one another and that is what makes them special. Take a look!
17 Best Places To Visit In April In India For Honeymoon
Planning for a honeymoon? Well, April is surely the time of bringing the best fresh and charming vibes to your relationship. All of these places ooze of romance and passion from every nook. Scroll down to know what all awaits you in the glorious land of India. So here is the combined list of the best honeymoon places in India in 2023.
- Kashmir: The Land Of Shikaras
- Manali: The Queen Of Hills
- Darjeeling: A Romantic Rendezvous
- Nainital & Bhimtal: The Home Of Romantics
- Shillong: Valleys Of Romance
- Lakshadweep: For Adding More Charm
- Ooty: The Southern Peace
- Wayanad: A Tropical Scene
- Matheran: More Than A Hill Vibe
- Madikeri: A Mystical Soothing
- Auli: An Inspiration Of Your Own
- Lambasingi: Kashmir Of South
- Udaipur: Venice Of The East
- Cherrapunji: A Serene Affair
- Kodaikanal: The Princess Of Hill Stations
- Pelling: For An Adventurous Honeymoon
- Leh Ladakh: The Most Jaw-Dropping Landscapes
1. Darjeeling – A Romantic Rendezvous
April is a wonderful time to be in Darjeeling, as long sunny days and majestic green mountains which makes it one of the best place to visit in April in India for honeymoon. This is one of the best places to visit in April in India for honeymoon, for it offers pleasantly cool weather and clear skies that offer sublime views of Kanchenjunga snow peaks.
April marks the end of the dry and chilly weather making is comfortable for sightseeing. The ropeway offers panoramic vistas of the snow-laden peaks. Another attraction is the iconic toy train which is worth taking time out for. This is indeed one of the best place for honeymoon in India in April.
Average temperature in Darjeeling in April: 15 degrees to 25 degrees
Why honeymoon in Darjeeling in April?
- In this month, the Rhododendron and Magnolia jungles are in full bloom painting the hills of Darjeeling red and pink – the colors of love and passion.
- It’s the time of the year when most of the snow melts away leaving the magnificent mountains behind.
Popular Attractions: Ghum Monastery, Peace Pagoda, Darjeeling Ropeway
Ideal Duration: 5-7 Days
Packages Starting From: ₹12,438/- onwards
How to reach: The best way to reach Darjeeling quickly is by taking a flght till Bagdogra Airport and then a cab from there.
2. Lakshadweep – For Adding More Charm
When your heart strongly desires to escape to a timeless zone to spend some time with the love of your life, you go to Lakshadweep. You and your partner get to experience a wonderful sunset backdropping the skyline. Clear blue skies, alluring lagoons, blue waters, picturesque islands, dramatic sunsets, and the most beautiful resorts with alluring views to give you memories to cherish. The island gets slightly hot in summer, but come on, that’s not a valid reason to say no to Lakshadweep honeymoon. It is among the best places to visit in April in India for couples.
Average temperature in Lakshadweep in April: 27 degrees to 37 degrees
Why honeymoon in Lakshadweep in April?
- April sees a balanced mix of sunlight, sandy shores, sea breeze, wonderful lagoons, and the clear blue skies.
- Lakshadweep is easy on the pocket in April, for it’s not packed with tourists this time of the year.
- You can have the resort all to yourself, that too, at a reasonable price.
Popular Attractions: Agatti Island, Bangaram Atoll, Kadmat Island
Ideal Duration: 6 Days
Packages Starting From: ₹3,311/- onwards
How to reach: The best way to reach Lakshwadeep is by taking a flight from Kochi to Agatti and Bangaram Islands.
Suggested Read: Honeymoon In Lakshadweep: Archway To Marital Bliss
3. Auli – An Inspiration Of Your Own
Surrounded by the mighty Mana, Kamet and Nanda Devi peak, Auli is among the best places to visit in India in April for honeymoon and its clear skies spread beyond the snow-clad mountains. It is the kind of place which inspires poets, writers, and painters to create their most beautiful creations. In the month of April, Auli’s temperature ranges between 10 to 15 degrees Celsius, which means it is extremely pleasant for sightseeing and to take long walks through the woods with you love. This is surely one of the best places to go for honeymoon in April in India.
Average temperature in Auli in April: 7 degrees to 10 degrees
Why honeymoon in Auli in April?
- The pleasant temperature allows honeymoon couples to explore the hill station at ease.
- Not crowded with people and couples interested in adventure activities will love it.
Popular Attractions: Joshimath, Chenab Lake, Gorson Bugyal
Ideal Duration: 3 Days
Packages Starting From: ₹4,838/- onwards
How to reach: If traveling from Delhi, it is best to take a bus from Delti to Rishikesh and then a private cab to Auli.
Suggested Read: 7 Best Auli Homestays For A Stay Amidst Bliss
4. Manali – The Queen Of Hills
Manali has been and will be one of the most romantic and best honeymoon destinations in April month in India. If you want a budget-friendly and romantic vacation, then this is the best place to visit in April in India for honeymoon.
For adventurous couples, there are sports, including paragliding, zorbing, and mountain biking. Couples who want to relax can experience delight in the serenity of the lush green Himalayan and Dhauladhar hills. In April, the weather is inviting and nice with sunny days and nippy nights which makes a honeymoon in Manali magical. One of the best place for honeymoon in India in April
Average temperature in Manali in April: 10 degrees to 25 degrees
Why honeymoon in Manali in April?
- As May begins, people start flocking to Manali which means a lot of traffic and packed resorts. In April, it’s not that crowded and you can leisurely explore the place.
- The region’s flora is in full bloom lending it the most pristine natural beauty which makes it ideal for honeymooners.
- You and your spouse can go for fun activities without shivering like a leaf.
Popular Attractions: Solang Valley, Hidimba Devi Temple
Ideal Duration: 3-4 Days
Packages Starting From: ₹4,838/- onwards
How to reach: It is best to take a bus/cab to Manali from any of the major cities of the country.
Suggested Read: A Blueprint To Make Honeymoon In Manali A Timeless Experience
Honeymoon Packages On TravelTriangle
5. Nainital – The Home Of Romantics
Many honeymooners love the idea of long walks under the tall oak and deodar trees along the waterside. Taking long walks in the hills of Nainital and Bhimtal in the month of April, when the breeze is kind to you is definitely romantic. The towns come back to life once again and the rhododendron forests paint the towns scarlet.
The weather in April is not only gentle but romantic too. Heaven for nature lovers, Nainital and Bhimtal offer wonderfully romantic resorts by the lakeside which makes it one of the best honeymoon places in India in April.
Average temperature in Nainital and Bhimtal in April: 10 degrees to 28 degrees
Why honeymoon in Bhimtal & Nainital in April?
- The best time for paragliding, rappelling, and trekking in Bhimtal is April & May.
- Boating in Naini Lake is one of the most romantic things to do with your partner, and you’ll enjoy it the most in summer.
- The scarlet color of rhododendron flowers impart a picturesque look to the town making it extremely stunning.
- A leisurely walk through the Thandi Sadak will give you a soothing sensation.
Popular Attractions: Nainital Lake, Tiffin Top, GB Pant High Altitude Zoo
Ideal Duration: 2 Days
Packages Starting From: ₹2,700/-onwards
How to reach: From Delhi and other major countries, one can take a bus or other modes of road transport to reach Nainital.
Suggested Read: 10 Fascinating Hotels in Nainital on Mall Road
Looking To Book Your Honeymoon Package?
6. Shillong – Valleys Of Romance
You can experience the thrill and romance in the valleys of Shillong in April. This is a great month to visit Shillong when the skies are clear, the countryside is greener than ever, and the temperature is just right. Also, by April it stops snowing and the bright sun sets on the ridge of the mountains of Shillong making the town warm and pleasant to explore. Shillong is one of the best honeymoon destinations in April month in India with its stash of natural bounty.
Average temperature in Shillong in April: 18 degrees to 21 degrees
Why honeymoon in Shillong in April?
- Shillong celebrates its thanksgiving dance festival called Shad Suk Mynsiem in April. You can see locals dressed in traditional attires dancing to drums and flute.
- The temperature is just perfect for sightseeing and long walks with your partner.
Popular Attractions: Umiam Lake, Shillong View Point, Ward’s Lake
Ideal Duration: 4-5 Days
Packages Starting From: ₹9,000/- onwards
How to reach: It is best to take a flight till Umroi Airport which is near Barapani.
7. Ooty – The Southern Peace
This small hill town is far enough north to ensure temperatures in the low 30s. It is one of the beautiful and best honeymoon destinations in April in India with much more to offer than just mountains. There’s a fantastic range of resorts for honeymooners to ensure utmost comfort and luxury. You can spend moments of peace by the side of Avalanche Lake, Upper Bhavani Lake, and Emerald Lake with your partner.
If both of you are up for some religious festivals, then Ooty Mariamman Temple Festival and Coonoor Mariamman Temple Festival won’t disappoint you.
Average temperature in Ooty in April: 12 degrees to 30 degrees
Why honeymoon in Ooty in April?
- The weather in Ooty quite pleasant during the months of April and May when rest of India is receiving the scorching heat
- Comfortable and apt for sightseeing and other pursuits
- April is an ideal time for trekking
Popular Attractions: Doddabetta Peak, Government Botanical Garden
Ideal Duration: 2 Days
Packages Starting From: ₹5,500/- onwards
How to reach: The best way is to take a train till Mettupalyam and then a taxi from there.
Suggested Read: 30 Best Honeymoon Places In India In Summer – Apr, May, June
8. Wayanad – A Tropical Scene
If you are a couple being laid-back about your honeymoon, then Wayanad is your heaven. It’s a peaceful and incredibly beautiful place lost in the undulating green mountains. There is no dearth of beautiful resorts for a memorable and comfortable stay. The bamboo rafting on the waters of Kuruva Island with your partner will be an unforgettable experience.
Since April is the onset of the summer season in Wayanad, it will be slightly hot; it also depends upon the area you choose to stay in. Places like Kuruva Island and surrounding forests have a cooler climate in April. However, the nights are extremely romantic and pleasant with the clear star-studded sky and cicadas singing in their highest pitch.
Average temperature in Wayanad in April: 26.1 degrees to 29.6 degrees
Why honeymoon in Wayanad in April?
- Ditch the sultry North Indian summer and get lost in the tropical forest.
- Less crowded in the month of April, so you can leisurely explore the wonders of Wayanad.
- The trek to Wayanad’s heart shaped lake at Chembra peak is extremely pleasant in this month.
Popular Attractions: Edakkal Caves, Soochipara Waterfalls, Banasura Dam
Ideal Duration: 2-3 Days
Packages Starting From: NIL
How to reach: One can take a flight till Karipur International Airport and then take a taxi that is readily available.
9. Matheran – More Than A Hill Vibe
Yes, it is a popular place to visit near Pune with friends and family, but Matheran is also one of the best honeymoon places in India in April. You can add an interesting chapter to your love life by spending your best days in Matheran. Romance resides in each corner of this majestic place. The views from Lord Point, Panorama Point, Prabal Fort, One Tree Hill Point, and Louisa Point will amaze you. Don’t miss the opportunity to take a tour of the town in one of the best toy trains of India.
Also, Matheran is Asia’s only automobile-free hill station. Obviously, I don’t need to explain the tranquility you’ll experience in the air of this town!
Average temperature in Matheran in April: 19 degrees to 34 degrees
Why honeymoon in Matheran in April?
- The month of April starts unveiling the greenery and surreal vistas of Matheran
- Much cooler and less humid in the month of April and May
- This place is virtually empty during this month which makes it a great place to run far away from the madding crowd
Popular Attractions: Alexander Point, Garbett Point, Sunset Point, Hart Point
Ideal Duration: 2 to 3 days
Packages Starting From: ₹17,500/- onwards
How to reach: Taking a train is the best option. The nearest railhead is Neral.
Suggested Read: 60 Best Honeymoon Destinations In India
10. Madikeri – A Mystical Soothing
Madikeri is that mystical place you always wanted to run away with the love of your life. It’s a small hill town nestling in the lap of the Western Ghats in Coorg. There is a strange kind of bliss in the hills of Madikeri which is just perfect for couples. The best thing is that you’ll have the resort to yourselves, as there are not many people in Madikeri at this time around. The place is famous for its homemade chocolates; it’s a heaven for your chocoholic partner. This absolute destination is among the best places to visit in April in India for honeymoon for sure.
Average temperature in Madikeri in April: 29 degrees to 32 degrees
Why honeymoon in Madikeri in April?
- Madikeri is greener, quieter, and calmer than ever in April, which makes it the perfect hideaway for couples.
- The perfect time to enjoy Chelavara Falls and Abbey Falls is the beginning of summer.
Popular Attractions: Madikeri Fort, Omkareshwara Temple, Raja’s Seat
Ideal Duration: 3 Days
Packages Starting From: NIL
How to reach: The quickest way to reach Madikeri is by taking a flight till Mangalore.
Suggested Read: 22 Best Resorts In Coorg For A Luxurious Stay
Planning your honeymoon but confused about where to go? These honeymoon stories help you find your best honeymoon trip ever!
11. Kashmir – The Land Of Shikaras
When Amir Khusro witnessed the hypnotic beauty of Kashmir, he said “Agar firdaus bar roo-e zameen ast, Hameen ast-o hameen ast-o hameen ast.” It means that if there is any heaven on earth, it’s here, it’s here, it’s here.
Kashmir has been a paradise for honeymooners since the days of yore and one of the best places to visit in April in India for honeymoon. April is the time when the valley and its meadows come to life. Festivals are celebrated and once again the water in the rivers start flowing while welcoming the spring season.
Average temperature in Kashmir in April: 20 degrees to 30 degrees
Why honeymoon in Kashmir in April?
- You get to experience Asia’s largest Tulip festival.
- Mother nature paints Nishat, Chashma Shahi, and Mughal Garden with all the vibrant colors making a perfect background for those amazing pictures.
- Spoil your partner with shopping opportunities at the floating market on Dal Lake.
Popular Attractions: Srinagar, Gulmarg, Doodhpathri
Ideal Duration: 6-7 days
Packages Starting From: ₹6,999/- onwards
How to reach: One can board a flight till Srinagar Airport and then take a taxi from there.
Suggested Read: 19 Places To Visit In Kashmir For Honeymoon In Paradise
12. Lambasingi – Kashmir Of South
The coldest place in the entire southern Indian region, Lambasingi is among the best places to visit in April in India for honeymoon in the southern region. Also known as “Kashmir of South”, this little hamlet offers plenty of things to do and hidden places to explore. The foggy weather, the lush green hills, and calm jungles of this village is now attracting many newlywed couples from south.
Average temperature in Lambasingi in April: Ranges between 10 degrees – 15 degrees
Why honeymoon in Lambasingi in April?
- The most pleasant weather in the entire south India
- Ideal for couples who want to keep their honeymoon low key while enjoying the solitude and peace amid nature.
Popular Attractions: Lambasingi view point, Yerravaram Waterfalls
Ideal Duration: 1 Day
Packages Starting From: NIL
How to reach: It is best to take a train till Chintapalle which is around 20 km from the destination.
13. Cherrapunji – A Serene Affair
Dotted with numerous waterfalls and serene places to spend some quiet time in nature with your partner is what this place offers! Even if you’re not a nature lover, you’re bound to fall in love with this place. What can be more romantic than sipping a hot cup of coffee with your partner and just stay in the moment? Well, don’t forget to check out the famous Nohkalikai waterfalls here on your next trip! The serenity and romantic atmosphere makes it one of the best places to visit in April in India for honeymoon.
Average temperature in Cherrapunji in April: Ranges between 13 degrees to 23 degrees
Why honeymoon in Cherrapunji in April?
- Enchanting sunrises are not to be missed here
- Ideal for couples who wish to relax and unwind amid scenic views
Popular Attractions: NohKalLikai Falls, Double Decker Living Root Bridge, Dainthlen Falls
Ideal Duration: 5 days
Packages Starting From: ₹11,999/- onwards
How to reach: It is best to board a flight till Guwahati Airport and then taking a cab that is readily available at the airport.
14. Udaipur – Venice Of The East
Just getting to know your partner? Well, this city of Lakes will surely help you with it and what can be better than having a romantic lit dinner with your partner with a mesmerizing view? Not just a place for nature lovers, Udaipur stands proud of great architectural work and who can surely miss out on the famous the City Palace of Udaipur! It is among the best places to visit in April in India for honeymoon.
Average temperature in Udaipur in April: Ranges between 28 degrees to 37 degrees
Why honeymoon in Udaipur in April?
- Most mesmerizing grand architectures around the city
- Ideal for couples who wish to explore grand resorts and luxurious spas around
Popular Attractions: City Palace, Lake Pichola, Jagmandir
Ideal Duration: 2 Days
Packages Starting From: ₹6,999/- onwards
How to reach: The best way to reach here is by taking a train that is available from all the major cities. Chetak and Udaipur Express are the best trains to board.
15. Kodaikanal: The Princess Of Hill Stations
When someone talks about Kodaikanal, rolling lush green grasslands, velvety aromatic plantations, vast skies, and the mist-covered cliffs is what flashes in front of the eyes. This resort town is sitting in Tamil Nadu and exudes the ever so romantic vibes from every nook. It is one of the best places for honeymoon in April. Translating to the ‘gift of the forests’, Kodaikanal is a hill station that leaves one in awe of mother nature. For those who wish to take a break from the city life, this town is a perfect escape. To add, the varied trails where one can simply try out biking and trekking are a cherry on top.
Average temperature in Kodaikanal in April: 11 degrees to 20 degrees
Why honeymoon in Kodaikanal in April?
- There is no dearth of romantic activities for the couples to be a part of in Kodaikanal such as boating, strolling amidst nature, or trekking.
- This resort town is famous for its stay options. Along with offering a chance to get closer to nature, this town also gives one an opportunity to embrace opulence.
Popular Attractions: Kodaikanal Lakes, Coaker’s Walk, Silver Cascade Falls, Bryant Park
Ideal Duration: 2 to 3 days
Packages Starting From: ₹17,499 onwards
How to reach: It is best to take a train till Kodai Road which is 95 km away from the city centre.
16. Pelling: For An Adventurous Honeymoon
Sikkim has romance and love written all over it. The peaceful and serene atmosphere of Pelling in Sikkim offers a great kickstart to the journey that you and your partner have embarked on together. This town in Sikkim is idyllic for all the adventure seekers and thrill aficionados. Pelling is among the best bases for scaling the third highest peak of the world – Kanchenjunga. To add, the gastronomical scenes of Pelling makes this fall into the list of best honeymoon destinations in April in India. The humble and rich culture of this destination never fails to inspire awe.
Average temperature in Pelling in April: 7 degrees to 28 degrees
Why honeymoon in Pelling in April?
- The opportunity for couples to be a part of trekking and other adventure activities is perfect to understand the daredevil side of the partners.
- In April, it is the perfect weather to enjoy sightseeing and outdoor activities in Pelling.
Popular Attractions: Pemayangtse Monastery, Sanga Choeling Monastery, Rabdentse Ruins, Khecheopalri Lake
Ideal Duration: 4 to 7 days
Packages Starting From: ₹10,391 onwards
How to reach: It is best to take a flight to Bagdogra and then take a taxi from there.
17. Leh Ladakh: The Most Jaw-Dropping Landscapes
One of the best honeymoon places in April in India for those who seek something offbeat, Leh Ladakh is a land like no other. The stupendous landscapes and the peacefulness that this territory exudes truly makes it paradise on earth. With two of the most majestic mountain ranges, the Himalayas and the Karakum, sitting on either side of this land, Ladakh never fails to impress. From an extensive number of monasteries to sensational cuisine, from humblest locals to impeccable marvels, Leh Ladakh is a world on its own.
Average temperature in Leh Ladakh in April: 6 degrees to 27 degrees
Why honeymoon in Leh Ladakh in April?
- The best way to reach Ladakh is by taking a bike trip and just imagine enjoying this thrilling moment with your new partners. April is the best weather to enjoy this adventure.
- April is the month when everything seems calm and at their best. It is best for outdoorsy adventures and one never fails to get impressed.
Popular Attractions: Nubra Valley, Thiksey Monastery, Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa
Ideal Duration: 10 days
Packages Starting From: ₹16,740 onwards
How to reach: The easiest way is to take a plane till Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport which is in Leh.
It can be slightly warm or humid in some of the places during April, but if you’re prepared for either, there is a myriad of best places to visit in April in India for honeymoon. So get your bags packed and plan a surprise trip to India to woo your partner amid these scenic landscapes of India!
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Frequently Asked Questions About Places To Visit In April In India For Honeymoon
Thinking about a serene honeymoon experience and don’t know where to go? Well, here are some of the common queries to help you set your mind on one destination and have a reviving holiday with your partner!
Are honeymoon places open during Covid-19?
We won’t say all, but yes most of the places are open for tourists/honeymooners during Covid-19. But before you plan your honeymoon to any of the places mentioned in the list, make sure you follow the given precautionary measure for Covid and adhere to the norms of social distancing. It is also advised to take a look at the recent updates before heading to any of the honeymoon places in India.
Which place is best to visit in April in India?
Auli, Wayanad and Coorg are some of the best places to visit in April in India. You can also explore the other places mentioned in the list but these three are hands down the best places to visit especially in the month of April.
Which place is best for honeymoon in India in May?
Andaman, Leh and Kerala are some of the best places for honeymoon in India in May. There are other places too that can be visited for honeymoon in May, but the three are just captivating.
Which is the most beautiful place for honeymoon in India?
While there are many places in the list but Andaman, Goa and Srinagar are amongst the most beautiful places for honeymoon in India.
Which hill station is best in April?
Pachmarhi in Madhya Pradesh and Ooty in Tamil Nadu are some of the best hill stations to be visited in April.
How many days should be sufficient to visit Manali?
The scenic natural beauty is so mesmerizing that you would want to stay there forever. However, 3-4 days would be enough to cover the main attractions of the place.
What is the distance from Delhi to Manali?
From Delhi to Manali, it is 535 kms. You can either take the bus or hire a cab to directly reach Manali. If you opt for the train services, after reaching the Ambala Cantt station, you can take the state bus or a taxi to reach Manali.
How far is Ooty from Bangalore?
The distance between Ooty and Bangalore is 273 Km. The best way to go to Ooty is by a cab as the journey would be a great one with scenic views of the mountains. It will take around 6 hours to complete the journey.
What are the main attractions in Wayanad?
Wayanad has been considered as one of the beautiful places in India for tourist visits. Some of the amazing spots to visit here are Thirunelli temple, Chembrak Peal, Chethalayam falls and Meenmutty falls.
Are there adventure activities that can be done at Wayanad?
There are many things to entertain an adventurous traveler. Few activities that you can do are caving, trekking, hiking and bamboo rafting.
Is Kashmir a safe place for tourists?
Yes, Kashmir is safer than some of the other places in India. There is high security everywhere and extra care is taken for the tourists.
What should I buy in Udaipur?
There are many varieties of things that you can shop in Udaipur like ethnic sarees, diaries, paintings, cushion covers, authentic jewelry, wall hangings, sculptures, and jutis.
People Also Read: