The wedding season in India has begun, and so has the search for the best places to visit in April in India for honeymoon. It is that time of the year when it seems that all the beautiful couples you have ever met have chosen the same window of the time to get married. It’s great that your wedding day has been finalized, but what about your honeymoon? Still confused?
Sort the confusion with this list of the most romantic places in India in April. Read on to figure out which one is your dream destination before you plan a honeymoon in India.
Here are the best places to visit in April in India for honeymoon
1. Kashmir – For a romantic silsila
When Amir Khusro witnessed the hypnotic beauty of Kashmir, he said “Agar firdaus bar roo-e zameen ast, Hameen ast-o hameen ast-o hameen ast.” It means that if there is any heaven on earth, it’s here, it’s here, it’s here.
Kashmir has been a paradise for honeymooners since the days of yore and one of the best places to visit in April in India for honeymoon. April is the time when the valley and its meadows come to life. Festivals are celebrated and once again the water in the rivers start flowing while welcoming the spring season.
Average temperature in Kashmir in April: 20 degrees to 30 degrees
Why honeymoon in Kashmir in April?
- You get to experience Asia’s largest Tulip festival.
- Mother nature paints Nishat, Chashma Shahi, and Mughal Garden with all the vibrant colors making a perfect background for those amazing pictures.
- Spoil your partner with shopping opportunities at the floating market on Dal Lake.
Looking To Book Your Honeymoon Package?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.
2. Manali – Adventure and romance under one sky
Manali has been and will be one of the most romantic places for honeymooners. If you want a budget-friendly and romantic vacation, then this is the best place to visit in April in India for honeymoon.
For adventurous couples, there are sports, including paragliding, zorbing, and mountain biking. Couples who want to relax can experience delight in the serenity of the lush green Himalayan and Dhauladhar hills. In April, the weather is inviting and nice with sunny days and nippy nights.
Average temperature in Manali in April: 10 degrees to 25 degrees
Why honeymoon in Manali in April?
- As May begins, people start flocking to Manali which means a lot of traffic and packed resorts. In April, it’s not that crowded and you can leisurely explore the place.
- The region’s flora is in full bloom lending it the most pristine natural beauty which makes it ideal for honeymooners.
- You and your spouse can go for fun activities without shivering like a leaf.
Honeymoon Packages On TravelTriangle
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations
3. Darjeeling – For those lovely moments with your partner
April is a wonderful time to be in Darjeeling, as long sunny days and majestic green mountains welcome you. This is one of the best places to visit in April in India for honeymoon, for it offers pleasantly cool weather and clear skies that offer sublime views of Kanchenjunga snow peaks.
April marks the end of the dry and chilly weather making is comfortable for sightseeing. The ropeway offers panoramic vistas of the snow-laden peaks. Another attraction is the iconic toy train which is worth taking time out for.
Average temperature in Darjeeling in April: 15 degrees to 25 degrees
Why honeymoon in Darjeeling in April?
- In this month, the Rhododendron and Magnolia jungles are in full bloom painting the hills of Darjeeling red and pink – the colors of love and passion.
- It’s the time of the year when most of the snow melts away leaving the magnificent mountains behind.
4. Nainital & Bhimtal – Honeymoon in lake paradise
Many honeymooners love the idea of long walks under the tall oak and deodar trees along the waterside. Taking long walks in the hills of Nainital and Bhimtal in the month of April, when the breeze is kind to you is definitely romantic. The towns come back to life once again and the rhododendron forests paint the towns scarlet.
The weather in April is not only gentle but romantic too. Heaven for nature lovers, Nainital and Bhimtal offer wonderfully romantic resorts by the lakeside.
Average temperature in Nainital and Bhimtal in April: 10 degrees to 28 degrees
Why honeymoon in Bhimtal & Nainital in April?
- The best time for paragliding, rappelling, and trekking in Bhimtal is April & May.
- Boating in Naini Lake is one of the most romantic things to do with your partner, and you’ll enjoy it the most in summer.
- The scarlet color of rhododendron flowers impart a picturesque look to the town making it extremely stunning.
- A leisurely walk through the Thandi Sadak will give you a soothing sensation.
5. Shillong – Love in the abode of clouds
You can experience the thrill and romance in the valleys of Shillong in April. This is a great month to visit Shillong when the skies are clear, the countryside is greener than ever, and the temperature is just right. Also, by April it stops snowing and the bright sun sets on the ridge of the mountains of Shillong making the town warm and pleasant to explore.
Average temperature in Shillong in April: 18 degrees to 21 degrees
Why honeymoon in Shillong in April?
- Shillong celebrates its thanksgiving dance festival called Shad Suk Mynsiem in April. You can see locals dressed in traditional attires dancing to drums and flute.
- The temperature is just perfect for sightseeing and long walks with your partner.
Planning your honeymoon but confused about where to go? These honeymoon stories help you find your best honeymoon trip ever!
Real honeymooners. Real stays. Real opinions to help you make the right choice.
6. Lakshadweep – For the honeymoon of your dreams
When your heart strongly desires to escape to a timeless zone to spend some time with the love of your life, you go to Lakshadweep. You and your partner get to experience a wonderful sunset backdropping the skyline. Clear blue skies, alluring lagoons, blue waters, picturesque islands, dramatic sunsets, and the most beautiful resorts with alluring views to give you memories to cherish. The island gets slightly hot in summer, but come on, that’s not a valid reason to say no to Lakshadweep.
Average temperature in Lakshadweep in April: 27 degrees to 37 degrees
Why honeymoon in Lakshadweep in April?
- April sees a balanced mix of sunlight, sandy shores, sea breeze, wonderful lagoons, and the clear blue skies.
- Lakshadweep is easy on the pocket in April, for it’s not packed with tourists this time of the year.
- You can have the resort all to yourself, that too, at a reasonable price.
7. Ooty – Where the love blossoms
This small hill town is far enough north to ensure temperatures in the low 30s. It is a beautiful and fascinating hill station with much more to offer than just mountains. There’s a fantastic range of resorts for honeymooners to ensure utmost comfort and luxury. You can spend moments of peace by the side of Avalanche Lake, Upper Bhavani Lake, and Emerald Lake with your partner.
If both of you are up for some religious festivals, then Ooty Mariamman Temple Festival and Coonoor Mariamman Temple Festival won’t disappoint you.
Average temperature in Ooty in April: 12 degrees to 30 degrees
Why honeymoon in Ooty in April?
- The weather in Ooty quite pleasant during the months of April and May when rest of India is receiving the scorching heat
- Comfortable and apt for sightseeing and other pursuits
- April is an ideal time for trekking
Suggested Read: 10 Best Honeymoon Places In India In Summers
8. Wayanad – For a laid-back honeymoon
If you are a couple being laid-back about your honeymoon, then Wayanad is your heaven. It’s a peaceful and incredibly beautiful place lost in the undulating green mountains. There is no dearth of beautiful resorts for a memorable and comfortable stay. The bamboo rafting on the waters of Kuruva Island with your partner will be an unforgettable experience.
Since April is the onset of the summer season in Wayanad, it will be slightly hot; it also depends upon the area you choose to stay in. Places like Kuruva Island and surrounding forests have a cooler climate in April. However, the nights are extremely romantic and pleasant with the clear star-studded sky and cicadas singing in their highest pitch.
Average temperature in Wayanad in April: 26.1 degrees to 29.6 degrees
Why honeymoon in Wayanad in April?
- Ditch the sultry North Indian summer and get lost in the tropical forest.
- Less crowded in the month of April, so you can leisurely explore the wonders of Wayanad.
- The trek to Wayanad’s heart shaped lake at Chembra peak is extremely pleasant in this month.
9. Matheran – Make memories in the picturesque town
Yes, it is a popular place to visit near Pune with friends and family, but Matheran is also one of the best honeymoon places in India in April. You can add an interesting chapter to your love life by spending your best days in Matheran. Romance resides in each corner of this majestic place. The views from Lord Point, Panorama Point, Prabal Fort, One Tree Hill Point, and Louisa Point will amaze you. Don’t miss the opportunity to take a tour of the town in one of the best toy trains of India.
Also, Matheran is Asia’s only automobile-free hill station. Obviously, I don’t need to explain the tranquility you’ll experience in the air of this town!
Average temperature in Matheran in April: 19 degrees to 34 degrees
Why honeymoon in Matheran in April?
- The month of April starts unveiling the greenery and surreal vistas of Matheran
- Much cooler and less humid in the month of April and May
- This place is virtually empty during this month which makes it a great place to run far away from the madding crowd
Suggested Read: 52 Incredibly Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In India
10. Madikeri – For a serene honeymoon
Madikeri is that mystical place you always wanted to run away with the love of your life. It’s a small hill town nestling in the lap of the Western Ghats in Coorg. There is a strange kind of bliss in the hills of Madikeri which is just perfect for couples. The best thing is that you’ll have the resort to yourselves, as there are not many people in Madikeri at this time around. The place is famous for its homemade chocolates; it’s a heaven for your chocoholic partner.
Average temperature in Madikeri in April: 29 degrees to 32 degrees
Why honeymoon in Madikeri in April?
- Madikeri is greener, quieter, and calmer than ever in April, which makes it the perfect hideaway for couples.
- The perfect time to enjoy Chelavara Falls and Abbey Falls is the beginning of summer.
Suggested Read: 10 Best Resorts In Coorg For A Luxurious Stay
11. Auli – To experience the chill in the air & see the melting snow
Surrounded by the mighty Mana, Kamet and Nanda Devi peak, Auli is a breathtaking hill station, and its clear skies spread beyond the snow-clad mountains. It is the kind of place which inspires poets, writers, and painters to create their most beautiful creations. In the month of April, Auli’s temperature ranges between 10 to 15 degrees Celsius, which means it is extremely pleasant for sightseeing and to take long walks through the woods with you love. A honeymoon in April is all you need to experience the best of Uttarakhand.
Average temperature in Auli in April: 7 degrees to 10 degrees
Why honeymoon in Auli in April?
- The pleasant temperature allows honeymoon couples to explore the hill station at ease.
- Not crowded with people and couples interested in adventure activities will love it.
12. Lambasingi – For those who want to keep it low-key
The coldest place in the entire southern Indian region, Lambasingi is among the best honeymoon destinations in India in April in south India. Also known as “Kashmir of South”, this little hamlet offers plenty of things to do and hidden places to explore. The foggy weather, the lush green hills, and calm jungles of this village is now attracting many newlywed couples from south.
Average temperature in Lambasingi in April: Ranges between 10 degrees – 15 degrees
Why honeymoon in Lambasingi in April?
- The most pleasant weather in the entire south India
- Ideal for couples who want to keep their honeymoon low key while enjoying the solitude and peace amid nature.
So here is the combined list of the best honeymoon places in India in 2018.
- Nainital & Bhimtal
It can be slightly warm or humid in some of the places during April, but if you’re prepared for either, there are plenty of honeymoon destination in India in April.
Further Read: 15 Offbeat Honeymoon Destinations In India
Looking To Book An International Honeymoon?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.