Hola shopaholics! Dubai is back with its sizzling annual city-wide summer festival, and you won’t find a better time to visit! Bigger and brighter than before, the Dubai Summer Surprises has kicked off and is offering everyone an extravaganza of sales, retail experiences, entertainment, and events. Not just for shoppers, but the 21st edition of this popular summer fiesta is a full line-up of not-to-be-missed surprises and activities to keep the whole family entertained!
But when is it taking place? Well, 22nd June to 4th August are the confirmed as the Dubai Summer Surprises 2018 dates. Organised by the Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), an agency of the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism), this annual fiesta is packed endless excitement spanning well over 6 weeks so that you can enjoy every bit of it with ease.
Why To Attend The Dubai Summer Surprises
Here’s why you should totally be heading to the DSS this summer:
- Awesome deals and promotions for the best retail experience ever
- Amazing shop-and-win competitions
- Sensational weekly performances by talented musicians and dancers
- Thrilling activities (like Ice Skating & Waterpark Rides
- Numerous fun character shows and games for the little ones
Dubai Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle
Travel Dubai in Luxury. Visit grand Burj Khalifa or the breathtaking Palm Islands. Enjoy Dhow Cruise, International Buffet Dinner, Dubai City Tour, Desert Safari, Ferrari World and Abu Dhabi City Tour. Book your Dubai holiday package on TravelTriangle.
Highlights Of Dubai Summer Surprises 2018
Every year, the DSS ups the festive spirit of the summer with these interesting deals:
1. Six Week Sale: The DSS will be giving customers 25% to 75% off on popular global brands across Dubai’s malls and shopping arenas for a whopping six weeks.
2. Deal Of The Day (DOTD): Bargain-hunters have the chance of getting incredible shopping deals every day of the DSS bonanza. Just Grab-n-Go with their favourite merchandise at a specified shopping location each day till 1st August. Keep a constant check on the DSS website and social media channels as the deals will only be revealed 24 hours prior.
3. 12 Hour Sale: The DSS will kickstart with a mighty 12-hour sale (from 12 noon to midnight) on 22nd June, the first day of the shopping festival. Participating retail outlets at Dubai’s Majid Al Futtaim malls will offer 25% to 90% discounts along with other surprises to set the momentum.
4. Weekend Destination: Every weekend, one selected mall will offer additional surprises and entertainment for that whole weekend with extended opening hours (till 2 AM every Friday).
5. Dubai Pass for INR 7,500: You can get in some action with the Special Dubai Pass that will get you up to 60% off on over 30 attractions across Dubai. Enjoy everything from glam performances at Bollywood Park to thrilling rides at IMG Worlds of Adventure via a standard Dubai Pass costing AED 399.
6. Final Weekend Sale: The DSS will end with a bang, quite literally! To celebrate the six shining weeks of Dubai Summer Surprises sales and promotions, the DSS will culminate with a Final Weekend Sale from 2nd August to 4th August featuring the last bits of all promotional offers and price cuts.
And while you’re out there shopping, don’t forget to spot Modhesh, the lovable mascot of the DSS trotting about and entertaining everyone!
13 ‘Summer Surprises’ In Store For You At DSS: The Best Of The Best
Not a fan of shopping? No worries. In addition to super sales for shoppers, the DSS has plenty of equally smashing surprises for the non-shoppers to keep them excited all summer! From discounted visits to the city’s best attractions and top theme parks, to mega concerts and shows by global icons, there’s something in Dubai for everyone.
1. Let your kids enjoy a free visit to the Dubai Dolphinarium
Watch the little ones meet delightful dolphins with glee and play with skillful seals. You and your child will also get to witness various beautiful bird species at the park along with other activities. The child, however, needs to be accompanied by a paying adult for the deal to be applicable.
Valid from: 22 June to 4 August (excluding Monday, Friday & 11 AM Saturday shows)
Location: Creek Park, Umm Hurair
2. Pay less to see the world’s tallest building
We told you the DSS will let you experience the marvels of Dubai for unbelievably low prices this summer, and here it is living up to its promise! Visit the Burj Khalifa website to find irresistible deals for awesome views of Dubai from ‘At the Top’ viewing platform. In addition to the Burj Khalifa, you’ll also be given entry into the fascinating Etihad Museum in Jumeirah. You can also combine your Burj Khalifa journey with a ride on the Dubai Ferry.
Starting price: INR 2,240/- per person (AED 120)
Valid from: 22 June – 4 August
Location: Burj Khalifa, Downtown Dubai
3. Uber around Dubai with big savings!
Avoid the summer heat by commuting like royalty via Uber. Get to all your favourite shopping and entertainment destinations during the DSS with ride-sharing app Uber that is offering up to 15% off to all Dubai Pass holders during this festive season.
Valid from: 14 June – 12 July 2018
Location: All across Dubai
4. Get red-carpet-ready at Charlotte Tilbury
Learn celebrity makeup and beauty secrets from a team of expert artists at Charlotte Tilbury in The Dubai Mall, who’ll teach you everything from the Royal Wedding lip inspired by Amal Clooney to getting the perfect feline flick eye like that of Kate Moss. Also, enjoy a complimentary celebrity makeover at the store. Don’t forget to grab your special gift while heading out (complimentary with your booking)!
Valid from: 28 June – 4 August 2018
Location: Charlotte Tilbury, The Dubai Mall
5. Witness breathtaking acrobats at La Perle in HALF THE PRICE
The stunning acts, gravity-defying acrobatics, heart-stopping aerial stunts, and the use of 2.7-million liters of water for dramatic special effects, Le Perle by Dragone is Dubai’s first permanent stage show that’ll change your concepts about reality and imagination forever. You can experience every bit of this fascinating world with the best Dubai Summer Surprises deals. The tickets are available at 50% OFF for daily performances during the DSS, but it’s the stupefying entertainment, not the deals, that will surely tempt to go back for more!
Valid from: 22 June – 4 August 2018
Location: Al Habtoor City, Sheikh Zayed Road
6. Immerse yourself in a thrilling aquatic journey at Wild Wadi
Beat the heat at Dubai’s original waterpark – the Wild Wadi. The amazing DSS offers and discounts at Wild Wadi Summer Spectacular will let you delight in endless water adventures and cool off in full view of the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah. From dips in the Wave Pool, floating along Lazy River, zooming through the fast-flowing waters of Tantrum Alley, to riding the fierce rapids of Jumeirah Sceirah, Wild Wadi offers even more bang for your buck during Dubai Summer Surprises 2018.
Valid from: 22 June – 31 August 2018
Location: Jumeirah Road, Umm Suqeim 3
7. Dance away at the Dubai Marina Mall Beach Party
Soak up in a crazy beach party mingled with awesome promotional discounts and deals during the DSS. Dubai Marina Mall is hosting the ‘Dubai Marina Mall Beach Party’ and offering party animals a chance to win AED 25,000 Emaar Gift Cards for every AED 100 they spend at the mall’s ‘Dive and Win’ contest along with other discounts at the mall.
Valid from: 15 June – 28 July 2018
- Saturday to Wednesday – 10 AM to 11 PM
- Thursday to Friday – 10 AM to Midnight
Location: Sheikh Zayed Road
8. Enjoy a FREE ENTRY to the Dubai Sports World this summer
The Dubai Sports World is the ultimate place to be for every sports fan, especially during this long summer break when you’ll get a free entry! Organised by Dubai World Trade Centre in association with Dubai Sports Council, Dubai Sports World is the perfect destination to go try something adventurous and grab your favourite sports gear from the Emirate’s largest indoor sports venue. From football, gymnastics, ping pong, street basketball, badminton, cycling, gym, to even a challenging ninja warrior course, there’s nothing that DSW doesn’t offer!
Valid from: 17 May – 8 September 2018
Hours: 8 AM – Midnight
Location: Dubai World Trade Centre
9. Laugh till your stomach hurts at The Laughter Factory
While you’re already having a happy summer break at Dubai’s malls and entertainment hubs during the DSS, make it the happiest at Dubai’s much-loved comedy institution The Laughter Factory. TLF Dubai will be bringing in the who’s who of the UK and US comedy world to its shores for ‘The Summer of Laughter’. Get ready to be entertained by the hottest names in comedy with specially curated acts at a range of venues across Dubai, including the legendary Zinc!
Valid from: 1 June – 31 August 2018
Starting price: INR 2,800/- per person (AED 150)
Location: Will differ each month
Performers in July: Desiree Burch, Joe Bor, Nick Page, Sally-Anne Hayward, Jimmy Shubert, Nick Beaton
Performers in August: Jackie Fabulous, Sean Collins, Dane Baptiste
10. Take your kids to the best shows and game venues
Suggested Read: 10 Best Indian Restaurants In Dubai For Desi Flavors
DSS will be a fantasyland for kids with all the surprises in store! While your favourite Lego Ninjago characters like Lloyd, Master Wu, and Lord Garmadon will entertain the crowds at the Dubai Festival City Mall, the popular doggy heroes of Paw Patrol will put up an engaging show at the Mall of the Emirates and City Centre Mirdif.
Kids can also arcade games, rides, and activities like rock climbing enjoy at Magic Planet, Dubai’s favourite indoor family entertainment center. Ferris Wheel rides, soft-play areas, bumper cars, puppet shows, theme park experiences, and exclusive teasers of upcoming animated movies – you and your little ones will be spoilt for choice in Dubai this summer!
- Lego Ninjago – 5 July – 28 July 2018
- Paw Patrol – 12 July – 1 August 2018
- Lego Ninjago – 2 PM to 10 PM
- Paw Patrol – Mall timings
- Lego Ninjago – Dubai Festival City
- Paw Patrol – Mall of the Emirates & City Centre Mirdif
11. Relax at Shine Spa
Let an expert masseuse of Shina Spa give you a 30-minute revitalizing body or scalp massage while you gaze at expansive city views right before you! Sit back and relax with a calming facial treatment or a nourishing nectar body wrap crafted to kill your fatigue in an instant! There’s no end to the offers and discounts on a range of peaceful and tranquilizing spa treatments at Dubai’s Shina Spa this summer.
Location: 52nd Floor, Sheraton Hotel, Mall of the Emirates
12. Watch the latest summer blockbusters at VOX Cinemas
Pick from a wide variety of viewing experiences across the 14 screens of Dubai’s Vox Cinemas multiplex. Watch latest flicks at the Theatre by Rhodes where you and family can enjoy a menu designed by Michelin star chef Gary Rhodes. You can also entertain your kids at the kid-friendly screening rooms or get them to try the thrilling ‘4DX’ multisensory viewing experience that they’ll surely remember for life!
13. Catch Hala Al Turk’s FREE CONCERT!
Bahrain’s Hala Al Turk will be performing live at Festival Square in Dubai Festival City Mall on 4 August and here’s your chance to witness it, for free! Ending the Dubai Summer Surprises festivities with a throbbing concert, this popular child-star-turned-high-profile-pop-singer will be entertaining her fans with hit numbers including the YouTube sensation ‘I Love You Mama’.
Date: 4 August 2018
Hours: 7:30 PM
Location: Dubai Festival City
Looking for more? See the DSS official website and find out what else is there to enjoy at the DSS this summer.
From the popular Dubai fashion to the hottest global merchandise, Dubai Summer Surprises is literally filled with surprises for all. In a nutshell, this mega fest is an exposition of the Emirati culture that offers visitors a privileged peek into Middle Eastern history, art, and traditions.
We hope we’ve cleared your dilemma on where you should be holidaying this summer with this package of fun, entertainment, and shopping designed for the whole family. What’s the hold-up? Plan your trip to Dubai right away!
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.