Bhubaneswar is the capital of Odisha, a state situated in the Eastern part of our country. The city is positioned on the coastal region of India. In Eastern India, Bhubaneswar is considered as the hub of educational, economic and cultural importance. The meaning of Bhubaneswar is “Lord of the Universe”, portraying the number of temples built and situated in the state. Bhubaneswar is recognized as an ancient city brimming with its beautiful historic temples which fascinate an enormous number of pilgrims, thereby creating it the major source for tourism in the state. Tourists often look for accommodation in budget hotels, guest houses and homestays as most of their time goes into exploring the surrounding Bhubaneswar has to offer.
The atmospheric conditions of Bhubaneswar are very tropical and moderate throughout the year. The winter months experience around 15 degrees maximum temperature and the summer months can go up to 45 degrees. Mentioned below are some of the main and suggested guest houses in Bhubaneswar where one can easily stay in during their visit.
Top 8 Guest Houses In Bhubaneswar
A guest house is a small, separate building located on the grounds of a larger building. It has a small number of rooms which consist of a bedroom, an attached bathroom, and some kitchen facilities. Such houses are often managed by small families or by some institutions. Below are some of the suggested guest houses for tourists in Bhubaneswar.
1. Nest Guest House
Reeking of the vides of home away from home, Nest Guest House happens to be one of the most comfortable budget guest houses in Bhubaneswar. Offering a common, open space for travelers to mingle with each other and the hosts, this guest house is more than what anything hopes for. The friendly staff, neat rooms, clean environment, and happy vibes describe the mood of this accommodation. The convenient location with its vicinity to the city makes it a great choice.
Location: Plot No – 2244 / 5616, Lane No-5A, Gouri Nagar, Beside Subarna Jaleswar Temple, Bhubaneswar
Tariff: INR 1000 per night
– Kitchenette available
– The owners give a true experience of hospitality in Bhubaneswar
– There is a common area for guests to mingle with fellow travelers
– Beautifully located next to the Subarna Jaleswar Temple
2. Rajani House
For those travelers who are seeking accommodations located near the airport, Rajani House is the best steal of a deal. Taking care of all the basic facilities and services, this guest house is one of the coziest guest houses in Bhubaneswar for family. The rooms are well-equipped with a comfortable bed, seating arrangements, and clean floors. The guest house offers shared bathrooms. The vibrant and colorful walls of this guest house make it a great option for travelers to take a roof under.
Location: Behind Chandrasekharpur Kalyan mandap, in front of Aditya Ashwini hospital, 751016
Tariff: INR 500 onwards per night
– Offers 24 hours desk service to the guests
– The guest house provides travelers with towels and slippers
– Daily housekeeping available
– The guest house offers shared bathrooms to the guest
3. CS Imperial Stay
One of the famous guest houses in Bhubaneswar, CS Imperial Stay is more than expected. This guest house is all about making sure that the guests are their utmost convenience and comfort. CS imperial Stay is a guest house that spoils travelers with a choice of rooms between Deluxe, Super Deluxe, and Standard. Taking care of all the needs and preferences of their guests, the staff in this hotel are extremely welcoming and friendly, which makes the experience more fun.
Location: A-116, PRESS COLONY Bhubneshwar, Odisha
Tariff: INR 1300 onwards per night
– Offers all the modern and contemporary services
– Located in the vicinity of all the major attractions of the city
– Provides extremely snuggly mattresses to the guests
– There is a 24 hour supply of both hot and cold water
4. Tranquil Hospitality
Finding itself a space amidst the list of favorites of locals and tourists alike, Tranquil Hospitality is one of the best guest houses in Bhubaneswar. Giving travelers an opportunity to embrace the homely vibes, Tranquil Hospitality is one of the ideal stay options for backpackers or budget solo travelers. Although, this guest house offers accommodation to only the male travelers. The rooms available in this hotel are well-equipped with a television, seating area, and relaxing mattresses, giving travelers a chance to complete rejuvenate on their vacation.
Location: Tranquil Hospitality Plot no: N5/47 IRC Village Nayapalli, 751015 Bhubaneshwar, India
Tariff: INR 800 onwards per night
– Caters to only the male tourists
– The rooms in the guest house offer bunk beds or two separate beds
– There is room service available
– The guest house offers free wifi to the guests
Suggested Read: 10 Things To Do In Bhubaneswar Which You Shouldn’t Miss
5. Odisha State Guest House
One of the best state guest houses in Bhubaneswar, Odisha State Guest House happens to be a great accommodation for those who are traveling to Orissa to experience the true culture. Odisha State Guest House offers a total of 18 rooms and thus, those who are traveling with a group can easily opt for this stay. This guest house is located well in the vicinity of all the major landmarks of the city, making it one of the ideal options.
Location: Keshari Nagar, Bhubaneshwar, 751001
Tariff: INR 6200 onwards per night
– The rooms are equipped with Television
– The guest house is located in the vicinity of all landmarks
– The accommodation is owned by the government
– This is perfect for those who are seeking a stay for group tours
Planning your holiday but confused about where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
6. Aiims Nagar Rest House
One of the best accommodations for those who are seeking budget-friendly stay options, AIIMS Nagar Rest House is a great option. With the rooms clean and hygienic, this guest house in Bhubaneswar would definitely turn out to be one of the most comfortable stays. The rooms are well-equipped with all the facilities and services that a traveler might need to be taken care of when traveling to Orissa. This hotel offers both – a dormitory and a private room, giving travelers a chance to choose according to their budgets.
Location: Plot No-218 Senapati Lane, Aiims Nagar, Patrapada, Patrapada, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751019
Tariff: INR 650 onwards per night
– The rooms available for guests include- Dorms, Economy One Room, Deluxe One Room
– The rooms offer scenic views of the Bay
– There is an in-house restaurant available
– The guest house offers room service
7. Maharaja Guest House
The neat and clean rooms oozing of homely vibes from every nook and corner makes Maharaja guest house one of the charming crowd-pleasers amidst the tourists. With the staff so welcoming and warm-hearted, the stay experience in this hotel can be truly fun-filled. The traditional vibes with modern interiors give travelers a chance to embrace the best of both worlds. This guest house offers spacious rooms to the guests which makes their stay even more comfortable.
Location: Plot No 259/2307, Jayadev Vihar, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Tariff: INR 700 onwards per night
– Extremely courteous and welcoming staff
– Spacious and clean rooms are available
– There are A/c and non-A/c rooms available
– Located in the vicinity of all the major tourist attractions
Suggested Read: 20 Tourist Places In Odisha To Visit In 2019 For A Fun Vacation
8. Mayurika Guest House
Offering all the basic facilities and services, and much more, Mayurika Guest House has proven to be one of the most impeccable guest houses in Bhubaneswar. This guest house is definitely an accommodation that offers value for every penny spent. The warm-hearted and active staff of this guest house ensures that guests always have their ends met. The large, spacious rooms offering the views of the streets with locals living their lives leave no stone unturned to make travelers witness the true lifestyle of this city.
Location: D/74, Maitri Vihar, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751023
Tariff: INR 1100 onwards per night
– There is a 24-hour service available
– The guest house offers free wi-fi for the guests
– There is a common area for guests to befriend fellow travelers
How To Reach Bhubaneswar
Tourists have a lot of options to reach the city of Bhubaneswar. The options are displayed below in an explanatory manner.
1. By Plane – The main airport of Bhubaneswar is Biju Patnaik International Airport. The airport is located about 3 kilometers south of the city center. Although the airport might look tiny, it is well maintained and well connected with all the major cities of India. Direct flights are available from Kolkata, Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Visakhapatnam, and Mumbai. In accordance with the name, there are international flights also operating to and fro Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur, the main flight operators being Vistara, GoAir, Air Asia, Air India, and Indigo. There are a lot of options available in terms of cabs/ public transport, making it feasible and easy to reach the city from the airport.
2. By Train – Bhubaneshwar acts as headquarters to the Eastern Coast area of the Indian Railways. There are a lot of trains operating to and fro all the major cities in huge numbers by daily express and passenger tra
New Delhi – Rajdhani Express, Duranto Express, Puri Express, Nandankanan Express, Kalinga Utkal Express, etc.
Chennai – Chennai Howrah Mail, Coromandel Express, etc.
Hyderabad – Konark Express, Visaka Express, East Coast Express, Falaknuma Express, etc.
Mumbai – Konark Express, Lokmanya Tilak Express, etc.
Kolkata – Janasatabdi Express, Coromandel Express, Dhauli Express, Howrah Puri Express, Falaknuma Express, EastCoast Express, Shri Jagannath Express, etc.
Bangalore – Yeshwantpur Howrah Express, Guwahati Express, Prashanti Express, etc.
3. By Road – The city of Bhubaneswar lies on the National Highway 16 which initiates from Kolkata and ends in Tamil Nadu. The road in Bhubaneshwar is made in grid form and is very well connected with all the major cities of India.
4. By Bus – The main bus terminal of the city is Baramunda Inter-State Bus Terminus (ISBT). The buses are scheduled from here to the various districts of Odisha and the adjacent cities like Raipur, Kolkata, Ranchi, Visakhapatnam, and Hyderabad. Capital Region Urban Transport Authority runs a fleet of city buses across Bhubaneswar.
The city that sitting on the floors of Odisha, reeking of ancient vibes, and blanketing serene beaches, Bhubaneswar appeals to numerous tourists all year long. Bhubaneswar is a temple town that witnesses numerous pilgrims and travelers seeking solitude visiting the destination. This led to an impeccable increase in the number of guest houses in Bhubaneswar that offer homely vibes to travelers when they are away from their homes. Do not forget to mark your favorites!
Frequently Asked Questions About Bhubaneshwar Guest Houses
A. There are a plethora of guest houses in Bhubaneswar that caters to the families traveling to this destination. Some of the famous guest houses for families are Mayurika Guest House, AIIMS Nagar Guest House, and Nest Guest House.
A. The most popular and the safest area to book a guest house in Bhubaneswar is either near the Lingaraja Temple or near KIIT Square.
A. Odisha State Guest House is one of those stay options that is located in the vicinity of all the major attractions including Yarada Beach, Rishikonda Beach, Dolphin’s Nose, and many more.
A. CS Imperial State takes care of all the basic facilities and services of travelers. Some of the facilities offered by this guest house include 24 hour supply of warm and cold water, room service, housekeeping, laundry services, reception area, free wi-fi, and more.
A. Yes, mostly all the guest houses covering the floors of Bhubaneswar are kid-friendly and family-friendly.
A. The most amazing and ideal time to pay a visit to Bhubaneswar is during the winter season. The months from October to February are the best months with the temperature hovering around 12 degrees Celsius and the weather being pleasant.
A. Some famous beaches in Bhubaneswar are Puri Beach, Chandipur Beach, Talasari Beach, Paradeep Beach, Chandrabagha Beach, and many more.
Looking To Book An International Holiday?