Beautifully built age-old cathedrals, old Portuguese-style buildings, gorgeous sunsets at a beach, candle-light dinner with wine at a seaside shack, buzzing nightlife, and luxury of the beach resorts – there is a lot that the Goa has to offer to the honeymooners.
General Information About Goa To Plan A Honeymoon In Goa
Here’s your Goa honeymoon guide that covers the most romantic experiences that the tiny state has to offer. Make sure you go through this checklist for honeymoon trip. Read on before you book a honeymoon in Goa.
Best time to visit Goa
While November to February is the peak tourist season, the best time to visit Goa for honeymoon is anywhere between October & April. The months of October, March, & April are wonderful if you wish to avoid the crowd.
Ideal duration to stay in Goa for honeymoon
Plan a honeymoon in Goa for 6 days and 5 nights. Have a look at some of the best-selling Goa honeymoon packages for 6 days 5 nights.
How to reach Goa?
By air: Dabolim International Airport
By rail: Madagaon Railway Station and Thivim Railway Station
By road: Margao Bus Terminal, Kadamba Bus Terminal, and Mapusa Bus Terminal
Goa Honeymoon Packages On TravelTriangle
Visit Goa – the beach capital of India. Explore golden sandy beaches, casinos, and night markets. Book your Goa honeymoon on TravelTriangle for the best expereince of water sports, sea food, and luxury resorts. Inclusions: Hotels, cab, water activities, & sightseeing.
Best Beaches In Goa For Honeymoon
Goa – the beach capital of India – has made a niche for itself worldwide for its splendid & happening beaches. With its sand, sun, and Goan beach resorts, Goa continues to attract honeymooners & party animals from around the globe throughout the year. But the long list of beaches in Goa often raise a single question – Which is the best beach in Goa for honeymoon?. Well, we’ll let you explore them yourself for each of these beautiful beaches are special in their own class.
Best beaches in North Goa
The most famous beaches in Goa are located in the North Goa region. They are known for their electrifying vibes & parties, hippie markets, and glitz & glamor. These include:
- Vagator: Before the state government discontinued Sunburn, the popular beach attracted massive crowd for the same in the last week of December. But the crescent shaped beach continues to attract honeymooners for its year-round party scene and splendid views.
- Calangute: The ‘Queen of Beaches’ is perfect for buying gifts for your beloved.
- Anjuna: Nestled between the Aravalli hills, the beach offers awe-inspiring views and Wednesday flea markets.
- Sinquerim: For the honeymooners who seek some adventure out in the city, Sinquerim is the perfect option with the wide variety of water activities – scuba diving, water-skiing, and windsurfing – that it offers.
But if it is solitude and beautiful views that you seek on your honeymoon, head to Dona Paula beach, Mandrem beach, Querim beach, or other lesser known beaches in North Goa.
Best beaches in South Goa
And the sceneries are just as beautiful on the splendid beaches of South Goa. Honeymooners can spend some time in solitude on the pristine beaches, indulge in watersports & spa treatments, and go for romantic walks along the shores. The most popular beaches in South Goa include:
- Colva beach: Honeymooners head to this beautiful beach for skiing, paragliding, parasailing, and romantic candle-lit dinners on the beach
- Palolem beach: Silent Noise Party at ‘On the Rocks’, Dolphin spotting trips, scuba diving, and photogenic sunsets here will surely make your honeymoon in Goa a splendid experience.
- Benaulim beach: It stands today as a sun-lovers’ spot and attracts a lot of couples seeking adventure.
Islands in Goa
Little do people know about the pristine islands in Goa that are perfect for a romantic tour of Goa. These include:
- Chorao Island: Chorao Island or the ‘Stunning Precious Stone’ has grown from a mere settlement of Portuguese noblemen into a quaint place housing a few churches & aged villas. The largest of the 17 islands in Goa, Chorao Island is known for its beauty, villages, forts, and cheese.
- Divar Island: The island has managed to remain untouched by commercialization and retain much of its originality. This small village offers an experience of the Goan countryside in a scenic & romantic setting. And in case you are planning your honeymoon in August end, do not miss the Bonderam festival held here every last Saturday of the month.
- Grand Island: The island has slowly developed reputation for the watersports that it offers. Suzy’s Wreck, Shelter Cove, and Bounty Bay are some of the best sites for scuba diving here. Honeymooners can also go for snorkeling from this island
Other best Places TO Visit In Goa On Your Honeymoon
Honeymooners are often looking for the best place in Goa for honeymoon. Well, this magnet for honeymooners has romance, beauty, & thrill imbued in every nook and corner of the state. There are beaches, markets, casinos, churches, forts, and even waterfalls that give the tiny state a holistic charm. Check out the best tourist places in Goa before you finalise on your itinerary for your honeymoon in Goa.
Best Honeymoon Places In North Goa
North Goa is where you will find a majority of the tourist attractions – famous beaches, forts, markets, churches, and more. And not just for the day thrills, there are numerous nightclubs like Titos & Mambos and popular beaches that host the rave parties that the honeymooners can head to.
Romantic beaches: Baga, Candolim, Calangute, Dona Paula, and Mandrem are among the most romantic beaches of North Goa.
Sightseeing: Fort Aguada, Church of Mae De Deus, Basilica of Bom Jesus, and Temple of Bodgeshwar are the popular tourist attractions in North Goa that can be covered on your honeymoon in Goa.
Markets: Treat your beloved with gifts as you take a honeymoon tour of Goa. Anjuna, Mapusa, & Bicholim markets are the famous shopping places in Goa that should be visited.
Best Honeymoon Places In South Goa
Goa is not just about Baga, Calangute, Fort Aguada, and Tito’s. The party capital of India has a flip side, somewhere down south. While North Goa is the heart of Goa tourism, South Goa is where honeymooners can hope to find solitude & peace for a romantic vacation in tiny Indian state.
Having talked about the beaches already, let us have a look at the best of the other popular places to visit in South Goa:
- Dudhsagar Waterfalls: Literally meaning the ‘Sea of Milk’, the waterfalls mark the southern end of the state of Goa. It is beautifully nestled in the Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary & Mollem National Park among the Western Ghats. The beauty of the falls must not be missed on your honeymoon tour of Goa.
- Vasco da Gama: This famous area is known for Monkey Beach, Mormugao Fort, Japanese Garden, and St Andrew’s Church.
Places With Best Nightlife In Goa
Repeatedly have we mentioned that the party scene in Goa is off the charts. Party lovers have been regularly flocking here because of its vibrating beach shacks, enigmatic pubs with ambient live music scenes, and some of the best restaurants in Goa for Goan food. With a vast range of clubs that offer electrifying music, myriad drinks, and the most famous food in Goa, one can be sure of a good time at night throughout the state.
Best clubs in Goa
Cafe Mambos, Hype, Cape Town Cafe, Titos, LPK (Love Passion Karma), SinQ, Cohiba, and Club Cubana (nightclub in the sky) boast off the best party scene at night in Goa.
Best restaurants in Goa
- Upper House in Panaji: It has one of the best restaurants in Goa for Goan food with Portuguese influence. The 3-hall area also feautres a traditional English pub and a casual cafeteria overlooking the city streets. All-in-all, it is a perfect dining option for the honeymooners.
- Alex Beach Shack in Candolim: With its casual & relaxed atmosphere and mouth-watering Goan cuisine, the shack on the Candolim Beach is perfect for honeymooners looking for the best dining options in Goa serving local cuisine.
- Tuscany Gardens in Candolim: It is cosy. It is romantic. And it has the simplest of the Italian dishes, seafood, and Indian wines. However, the emphasis here is still on prawns, tuna, & calmari that reflet Goan tastes.
- Thalssa in Vagator: The charming open-air restaurant offers spectacular sunset views. But equally wonderful is the night dining scene here. And, above all, the restaurant brings the taste of the Greek islands to Goa with its pork chops, ribs, and eggplant dips.
Far away from the north, the best of nightlife in South Goa is best experienced at the Silent Noise – The Club on Palolem Beach. Remember the Breakup Song from Ae Dil Hai Mushkil? Well, the concept is the same. Plug into the headphones and groove to the music of your choice with your beloved in your arms.
Champions Yacht Club
We saved the most romantic experience of nightlife in Goa for the last. Nothing beats the romance factor of camping in floating tents under the stars. The silent waters of Mayem Lake gives that experience. There’s also a floating restaurant and various other boat rides that couples can take.
Note: For those who can afford it, you also have an option to spend your night on a cruise along the Mandovi River with live music, dancing, and some delicious food.
Must Read: Nightlife In Goa: Experience The Other Side
Planning your honeymoon in Goa but confused about what to do? These Goa honeymoon stories help you find your best honeymoon trip ever!
Real honeymooners. Real stays. Real opinions to help you make the right choice.
Romantic Things To Do On Honeymoon In Goa
There’s a hell lot more to Goa than just beautiful beaches with jaw-dropping sunsets, amazing party scenes, and churches. There’s a myriad of romantic things to do in Goa on honeymoon.
Indulge in one of the romantic watersports in Goa
Goa, with its large number of beaches and islands, offers ample water activities. They are adventurous, delightful, and even romantic.
- Scuba diving: Grande Islands, St. George Island, Devagh Island, Pigeon Island, and Netrani Islands are the best places in Goa to explore the colorful coral reefs here with your beloved.
- Snorkeling: Honeymooners can also head to Suzy’s Wreck, Bat Island & Navy Island situated near Bogmalo, and Grande Island for snorkeling.
- Kayaking: Kayaking is the perfect watersport in Goa for those who wish to paddle along mangroves, backwaters, or mini bays. Head to Palolem Beach, Dona Paula, or Hollant Beach for the best kayaking experience in Goa.
- Parasailing: It is one of the popular watersports in Goa for the honeymooners. Dona Paula, Majorda, Anjuna, Bogmalo, Calangute, Colva, Candolim, and Vagator – all provide facilities for this adventure sport.
Take a romantic Mandovi River sunset cruise
Different types of river cruises operated by the Goa Tourism Development Corporation (GTDC) run on the waters of the Mandovi river during daytime, sunset, and moonlight. And there are some private firms that offer sunset cruises that are popular among the honeymooners.
Walk through the dark passages of the Goan caves
There are both natural and man-made caves in Goa. A walk through the dark passages of the caves of Arvalem, Lamgau, and Rivona can be a unique romantic experience.
Most Romantic Places To Stay In Goa
1. Vivanta by Taj – Fort Aguada
Location: Candolim, Sinquerim Road, Bardez, North Goa
Suggested room: Premium Temptation Sea-View Villa
Tariff (INR): 11,750 per night onwards
2. Estrela do mar Beach Resort
Location: Khobra Vaddo, Baga Calangute, North Goa
Suggested room: Sea-facing Private Cottage
Tariff (INR): 4,500 per night onwards
Suggested Read: 20 Luxury Hotels In Goa That Are Worth A Hole In Your Pocket
Still looking for the best place to stay in Goa for honeymoon? Try South Goa.
3. Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa
Location: Arossim Beach Road, Cansaulim, South Goa
Suggested room: Imperador Suite; for the spectacular view of Arabian Sea
Tariff (INR): 10,000 per night onwards
Must Read: 10 Perfect Honeymoon Resorts In Goa
4. The Zuri White Sands
Location: Pedda Varca, South Goa
Suggested room: The Zuri Suite; for its lavish experience
Tariff (INR): 8,800 per night onwards
Don’t you think that Goa is the perfect destination for a honeymoon in India for you? Well, thinking isn’t enough. Plan your honeymoon now and begin the next phase of your life just like you have it in your mind.
Looking To Book Your Honeymoon Package?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.