They say it’s important to have common interests with your partner. I guess, I am lucky enough to have found someone whose heart beats for traveling as much as mine. Both my husband and I love exploring places. It’s like a key for us to rejuvenate ourselves. So, we had been waiting to take a trip together, and somehow we mutually ended up closing the call on the three beautiful gems – Gangtok, Pelling, and Darjeeling for a romantic trip to northeast India.
While our destination had been finalized, the challenge was planning the trip. And that’s when TravelTriangle came to our rescue. I came across one of their online advertisements wherein I found tour packages for Sikkim. After much apprehension, we got in touch with them and were provided with three quotes as per our interests and budget. We shortlisted Himalaya Travels for organizing our trip, and I must say right from the booking to the last day of our trip, everything went very smooth.
Trip Type: 7 Days 6 Nights romantic trip
Cost: INR 54,000
Inclusions: All the accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, transfers from and to the airport, sightseeing, GST, and transport tax.
Exclusions: Airfare, entry fees, guide charges, and other personal expenses.
Weather In Northeast India: It was raining and mostly cloudy in Gangtok and Pelling, whereas it was quite cold in Darjeeling. But, overall the weather during our trip in May was quite pleasant.
Suggested Read: Places To Visit On A Family Trip To Sikkim And Darjeeling
Here’s an itinerary of our 7 Day trip to northeast India:
- Boarded the flight from Chennai at 7:00 AM for Kolkata. Then, took a connecting flight to the IXB Bagdodra Airport and landed by 3:00 AM
- Picked up by the cab driver who drove us till Hotel Five Elements De Villa near Gangtok
Day 2 and 3
- Visited Tsomgo – the frozen lake, and went to M.G. Marg Road for shopping
- Explored the Gonjang Monastery, Ganesh Tok, Tashi View Point, and visited a flower exhibition
- Headed for Pelling in the afternoon
- Relaxed at Retreat 108 in Pelling, and then later headed for Kanchenjunga Falls, Khecheopalri Lake, and Orange Garden
- Left for Darjeeling by noon and then checked into hotel Shanti Priya Finestay
- Commuted by a State run bus and visited the Mall Road for shopping
- Went to Tiger Hills around 4:00 AM for watching sunrise, then later came back to the hotel for breakfast and headed to the Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park
- Also visited the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, a monastery, and took a toy train ride
- Left for the IXB Airport and headed back to Chennai
Gorgeous places we visited on our romantic trip to northeast India
Suggested Read: Best Places To See On A 3 Day Romantic Trip To Darjeeling
Our trip was no less than a romantic affair. We witnessed the eastern towns at their best, visited the most gorgeous places, and made memories for a lifetime. And if you’re too planning to head to the east anytime in the future, make sure you tick these three places off your bucket list!
Sikkim Gangtok Darjeeling Honeymoon Packages on TravelTriangle
Visit Sikkim and explore Yumthang valley, Tsomgo Lake, Gangtok, Nathula Pass, and Pelling. Spend exclusive time with your other half in peace and tranquility while exploring Buddhist monasteries, snow-capped mountains, and wildlife sanctuaries.
Gangtok is no more a hidden gem in Sikkim, but that doesn’t make a visit here any less worthwhile. We started our trip from staying at Five Elements De Villa and sightseeing in Gangtok, and it was an apt decision. The hotel was a little away from the main town, and it only made our stay more blissful.
If waking up to showers or a cloudy view pleases you as much as it did to us, Gangtok is a place you shouldn’t skip at all on your romantic trip to northeast India.
Suggested Read: 10 Captivating Honeymoon Destinations In North East India
Things We Did In Gangtok:
- Captured memories at Tsomgo Lake
- Stopped by for hot tea and noodles at a street stall
- Shopped our heart out at M.G. Marg Road
- Went temple hopping and visited the Gonjang Monastery
Must Read: 9 Extraordinary Places To Visit In Sikkim
Situated at the foothills of Mount Khangchendzonga, Pelling is a beautiful town in Sikkim. We stayed in a wooden house in Retreat 108 on the hills, which had huge windows and offered breathtaking views of the mountains. There is no doubt that the comfort and luxury an accommodation offers does make one’s vacation more special. We were smitten already, and couldn’t have made a better choice than coming here.
Suggested Read: Places To Visit On A Honeymoon To Sikkim And Darjeeling
Things We Did In Pelling:
- Witnessed the gorgeous Kanchenjunga Falls
- Took a stroll in the Orange Garden
- Trekked till the Khecheopalri Lake
Suggested Read: Seven Sisters Of India – An Introductory Guide
If your heart belongs to the hills, Darjeeling is a perfect place to explore on your romantic trip to northeast India. We headed here on the 5th day of our journey, and two days seemed too less to witness the mesmerizing beauty of this town. We stayed at Shanti Priya Finestay, which proved to be an ideal retreat for a leisure stay.
Things We Did In Darjeeling:
- Witnessed the gorgeous sunrise on Tiger Hills
- Wildlife spotting in the Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park
- Explored the monasteries in Darjeeling
- Enjoyed a toy train ride
- Visited the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute
- Upon reaching the destination, keep yourself updated about the weather conditions to make changes in your plan for the day accordingly.
- The best time to admire the beauty of the mountains is around 4 :00 AM in the morning. Try and book yourself a room that lets you witness the view directly from the comfort of your bed.
- Darjeeling tea might seem too costly, but is absolutely worth trying.
- Do try the street food, and shop for souvenirs from Sikkim.
- Try and look for a toy train ride that has a longer duration and helps you explore the beauty of the town.
From the roads of Gangtok to Darjeeling, our trip had its own little adventures. But despite that, the weather at all the three places added a spark to our romance, and there’s no denying there. It was hard to bid bye to these gorgeous towns, which helped us in having an experience of a lifetime. Getting our romantic trip to northeast India customized by TravelTriangle did prove to be the best decision ever!
Looking To Book Your Honeymoon Package?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.