We often wish that either time could stop or we could pause it, but we know that it can’t happen. Fortunately, traveling does that for us. Being software engineers by profession and explorers by passion, both my wife and I love discovering the unexplored places. And since Krabi & Phuket had been on our bucket list for so long, Thailand seemed like the perfect holiday destination for the much needed break.
The destination was sorted, so when it came to planning the trip, we immediately reached out to TravelTriangle, which was recommended to us by one of my colleagues. After submitting our trip query, we received a quick response with three quotes by different travel agents. We finalized our package from I Need Trip Travels Pvt Ltd. and got it customized by including the best romantic places to see in Thailand, which had been on our mind for a long time now.
Here are the details of our Thailand trip package:
Trip Type: 4 Nights 5 Days Romantic Trip To Thailand
Cost: INR 73,500 from I NEED TRIP TRAVELS PVT LTD
Inclusions: All the accommodation, breakfast, transfers from and to the airport, and sightseeing tour to Phi Phi Island, James Bond Island, and more
Exclusions:Lunch and dinner, visa (on arrival), entry fees for any attractions, water activities, personal expenses, and anything not mentioned in the inclusions
Our 4N/5D Thailand trip itinerary:
Day 1: Arrival in Phuket, hotel check-in, visit to the Patong Beach, and shopping in Jungceylon Mall
Day 2: Visit to the Phang Nga Bay, Suwankuha Temple, and the famous James Bond Island
Day 3: Transfer by ferry to Krabi, and exploring Ao Nang Beach
Day 4: Speedboat ride to Phi Phi Island, Maya Bay, Pileh Lagoon & Banana Island, and indulging in snorkeling
Day 5: Witnessing the festive mood of Krabi since it was the Thai New Year, visiting the Railay Beach, and transfer to the airport for our departure
Romantic Places To See In Thailand That Glammed Up Our Trip Experience
1. Phuket: Chilling at Patong Beach & shopping in Jungceylon Mall
Suggested Read: Thailand Travel Tips To Plan A Safe And Hassle Free Trip
Our much-awaited Thailand holiday kick-started with our arrival at the Phuket Airport where we were welcomed by our trip coordinator. He took us to our hotel, which was located near the Patong Beach in Phuket, which is one of the most romantic places to see in Thailand.
After reaching the hotel, we completed the check-in formalities, and headed right out to the beach. Describing it as beautiful would be an understatement, really. It was so splendid that we spent the entire day around it before we went to the Jungceylon Mall for some retail therapy.
2. Phang Nga Bay, Suwankuha Temple & James Bond Island: Touring like a pro
The next places on our Thailand trip itinerary were Phang Nga Bay, the blissful Suwankuha Temple, and the spectacular James Bond Island. So on the second day of our holiday, we were picked up from our hotel by our tour guide who drove us to these attractions.
In between, we also stopped by to have lunch where we tasted the local cuisines at Koh Panyi floating village. It was one eventful day, and we made the most of it. Needless to say, these three places are a must-visit as they are the key to a romantic holiday experience.
3. Krabi: Walking hand in hand on the Ao Nang Beach
Suggested Read: Memorable Moments From Our Family Trip To Thailand
The next place that the two of us has been dying to visit since forever was Krabi. It had been on our list for the longest time and being able to visit there finally felt like an achievement. So, we left at 7:30 AM in the morning for the next romantic sojourn and were transferred to Krabi by ferry by 11:00 AM.
Suggested Read: 15 Best Islands In Thailand For The Castaway Fantasies
The ride was extremely comfortable and we didn’t even realize when we had reached Ao Nang Beach. Both of us decided to spend the day on the beach and soak in the peace around us.
4. Phi Phi Island, Maya Bay & more: Snorkeling amidst the beautiful corals
Suggested Read: 15 Best Hotels In Thailand: The Top-Notch Luxury Havens
Going to Thailand and not indulging in the famous water adventurers is a sin, and we didn’t want to commit it at all. After all, a little adventurer only makes a romantic trip more special, and that’s exactly what happened with us.
So, we began our epic journey to the Phi Phi Island early in the morning around 8. The speed boat ride to the Phi Phi, Maya Bay, Pileh lagoon, and Banana island was extremely thrilling, and we rejoiced every moment! Ultimately, we indulged in snorkelling and witnessing the underwater lives felt like living in a dream. If you have time for only one activity during your trip, go ahead with this without thinking further.
5. Railay Beach: Bidding farewell to Thailand in a beautiful way
One of the most beautiful beaches in Thailand called us on the morning of our last day and we couldn’t resist ourselves. We visited the beach and were left awestruck by its beauty.
And we also witnessed the festive mood of Krabi on our last day since it was the Thai New Year and the country looked magical. Around 2 in the afternoon, we left for the airport and bid a sweet farewell to the land of marvellous gems. Khop Khun Khap!
Our trip was way beyond impeccable and special, thanks to the tour guide who was extremely helpful and cooperative throughout the holiday. If it hadn’t been the efficient planning and inclusion of these romantic places in Thailand in our itinerary, we wouldn’t have been able to live our dream trip the way we had always desired.
High Points Of Our Thailand Trip
- Snorkeling since it is the most magical experience that we have had till date.
- Tour to Phi Phi Island, Maya Bay, and all the beaches. Every sight was breathtaking!
- All the artwork or paintings that we saw around us.
Low Points Of Our Thailand Trip
- Our romantic trip to Thailand was impeccable, but the only thing that left us a bit upset was the miscommunication with our travel agent there regarding the arrival of our tour guide to the hotel. Nevertheless, it got clarified later and our experience stayed unaffected.
Tips For Future Travelers
- Do check the weather in Thailand before planning & packing your trip. It surely helps a lot.
- Irrespective of how hassle-free and tempting the ‘visa on arrival’ policy may seem, I suggest you do not go for it. The whole procedure is quite time consuming and there’s a possibility that you may miss your connecting flight (if you have any). So, prefer applying for your visa as soon as you complete the bookings for your trip.
- Do include some water adventures in your trip if you’re looking for a fun experience.
- Learn a few basic Thai phrases so that it’s easier for you to communicate at least a little bit while you’re holidaying.
- Somehow we couldn’t take a city tour of Phuket and hike to the viewing points of the Phi Phi Island. So, if you have enough time, please do tick off these experiences.
The overall experience of our Thailand trip with TravelTriangle was so funtastic and flawless that we have already recommended it to our friends and colleagues. After all, if nothing more, a holiday in Thailand is something that we all owe to ourselves!