Don’t just live your honeymoon in Sikkim, set it on fire! Take your lover over the rainbows and beyond the murky skies of cities, where lies the gorgeous gem of the north east. Sikkim for many years has been a heaven for newlyweds who wish to get lost in the peace and secrecy of the mountains of northeast. Each season in this hill state paints its towns and villages in different colours making them look mystical and beautiful than any other place in the nation. Let’s see what has it got for you and your partner.
The best time to visit Sikkim for honeymoon
Sikkim is an year-round destination. It experiences five seasons and all of them are mystical and beautiful. Different seasons attract different type of tourists throughout the year. Find out what’s the best time to visit Sikkim for you.
- Winter (December to February): These are extremely cold months in Sikkim and the temperature goes as low as 4°C during mornings and nights. Snowfalls are rare in Sikkim.
- Spring (March to April): These months are a bit chilly but days are pleasant enough to explore Sikkim. Skies remain clear offering great views of Kanchenjunga and other snow laden mountains. It’s a great time for sightseeing and adventure activities like trekking, hiking etc. It is also peak season in Sikkim.
- Summer (May to June): Temperature of Sikkim remains about 22°C during days. Sometimes days can get warmer but comfortable. You will need a light winter wear during night.
- Monsoon (July to September): Although Sikkim looks absolutely gorgeous during monsoons but landslides make it dangerous to travel for tourists. Some of the best festivals like Drukpa Tsheshi and Durga Puja take place during these months.
- Autumn (October to November): This is the best time to visit Sikkim. The weather during Autumn months is extremely pleasant. The towns and villages turn orange and red and sightseeing becomes a It’s also the best time to try sports like paragliding, yak safari, and river rafting. This is the best time for honeymooners to visit Sikkim.
The most beautiful honeymoon places in Sikkim
One of the best places to visit in Sikkim, Zuluk is a small hamlet perched at a stunning height of 10,000 feet. It’s a relatively new tourist destination near Indo-Tibet border. Honeymooners in search of a picturesque and quiet sojourn visit this little village. The marvellous views of Eastern Himalayan mountain range and Kanchenjunga can be seen from here.
Sikkim Gangtok Darjeeling Honeymoon Packages on TravelTriangle
Visit Sikkim and explore Yumthang valley, Tsomgo Lake, Gangtok, Nathula Pass, and Pelling. Spend exclusive time with your other half in peace and tranquility while exploring Buddhist monasteries, snow-capped mountains, and wildlife sanctuaries.
2. Tsomgo Lake
At an altitude of 12,400 ft, Tsomgo Lake is a spectacular lake with sharp cliff offering views of snow-covered peaks and green fields. During late spring the lake is surrounded by the gorgeous Primula flowers making it brilliant for your honeymoon photographs. Couples can also ride on beautifully decorated yaks and explore the area around the lake.
Pelling, the pleasant little town is known for its magnificent views of statuesque Kanchenjunga range, Kabru, Rathong, and Pandim. About 115 km from Gangtok, this is among the best honeymoon places in Sikkim for couples looking for a serene and beautiful location. You can also visit the ancient Pemayangtse monastery, which is about a kilometer from Pelling.
All those couples planning their honeymoon in Sikkim must visit Ravangla. One of the most popular tourist destinations in Sikkim, Ravangla is settled on a ridge between Maenam and Tendong Hill offering incredible views of the Greater Himalayas. If you’re planning your trip in August or September, then you must attend the unique and colourful Pang Lhabsol festival.
Who hasn’t heard of Gangtok! Gangtok is a beautiful hill town and the capital of Sikkim. Gangtok is often combined with Darjeeling due to its proximity and ease of access, so there’s no way you’re going to miss visiting the gorgeous Darjeeling. There are also plenty of luxurious honeymoon resorts in Gangtok for couples to choose from.
Suggested Read: 20 Alluring Places To Visit In Gangtok
Best resorts in Sikkim for honeymooners
1. Summit Norling Resort & Spa, Gangtok
Summit Norling Resort & Spa is one of the most luxurious and and peaceful resort for a memorable honeymoon in Sikkim. Other than the modern rooms with finest amenities, it has a gorgeous waterfall inside the premises and a spa to heal your tired body.
2. Ghonday Village Resort, Kaluk
Ghonday Village Resort is one of the most beautiful resorts for honeymooners in Kaluk. Surrounded by the ancient monasteries and the sublime Kanchenjunga, this resort offers marvellous views of the mountain range. They have state-of-art amenities and a friendly staff to make your honeymoon your most memorable holiday.
3. Yarlam Resort, Lachung
Overlooking the gorgeous Yumthang Valley, Yarlam Resort is a heaven for those in love. It has well-equipped honeymoon suites and an in-house restaurant that serve delicious cuisine. There’s a coffee shop inside the resort where you can spend your evenings looking at the setting sun with your partner.
4. The Elgin Mount Pandim, Pelling
Set amid eight acres Oak forest land, The Elgin Mount Pandim revokes the old-world charm that makes couples love this place. One can witness wonderful views of Singalila range from their hotel room. It’s also a paradise for bird lovers as they can catch a glimpse of pretty birds like Rufous-gorgeted, Flycatchers, and Green-tailed sunbirds.
5. Magpie Chestnut Retreat, Pelling
Situated at the top of a mountain in Pelling, Magpie Chestnut Retreat offers unobstructed views of mount Kanchenjunga range. The look of this resort is so cozy and homely that you’ll instantly fall in love with it. They leave no stone unturned to make your feel comfortable and happy.
We hope Sikkim gives you beautiful memories and encourages you to visit in over and over again. If you’re one of those who are still confused about their honeymoon in Sikkim, then have a look at these irresistible honeymoon packages.
Further Read: 12 Hidden Romantic Places In Himalayas
Looking To Book Your Honeymoon Package?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.