‘If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.’ – Thorin Oakenshield
A merrier world exists in Matamataa town in the shadow of the Kaimai Range Mountains. A world of comfort, good food, cute hobbit holes, gardens, bridges, the mill, The Green Dragon Inn, and The Party Tree is situated amid the picturesque 1,250-acre of sheep farm. Hobbiton is the only way to experience the Middle-Earth of The Lord of the Rings for the fans.
The story of transforming a working sheep farm into a fictional village of Hobbiton is as interesting as the location, but this is a story for another time.
The most incredible pictures you’ll ever see of the Middle-earth!
1. The beautifully lit village of Hobbiton amid the rolling valleys
2. A gorgeous little fenced house of a hobbit in Hobbiton
New Zealand Honeymoon Packages On TravelTriangle
Get the best of luxury and beauty on your honeymoon. Witness the magnificent New Zealand landscapes with your beloved or engage in thrilling adventure sports – rafting, bungee jumping, jet boating, and sky diving. Book memorable honeymoon packages offered by TravelTriangle.
3. A gorgeous blue water lake in front of the tiny homes
4. A gorgeous house with a green door on a slopy hillside
5. There are adorable homes everywhere in Hobbiton
6. This wooden and mud house by the serene and calm lake
Suggested Read: 10 Fun Things To Do In New Zealand
7. Another hobbit home in a the hole under the wide blue sky
8. One of the biggest hobbit homes atop a lush green valley
9. Inside a home of a hobbit to see the real hobbit lifestyle
Suggested Read: Exploring Best Of New Zealand On A Friends And Family Trip
10. An antique-looking board that says how much fun it is to be in Hobbiton
11. Beautifully decorated porch area of a hobbit’s home
12. A picture-perfect home surrounded by blue and red poppies
13. A fenced wooden home with a sprwaling meadow
14. Yet another spectacular house with a tiny garden
15. The stone bridge that connects the entire Hobbiton village
Get lost in the Hobbit holes, the lush farm, and a world of warmth on New Zealand’s North Island. Fans can take a Hobbiton movie set tour and become a part of the world of the lovely Hobbits.
Looking To Book An International Honeymoon?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.