‘If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.’ – Thorin Oakenshield
A merrier world exists in Matamataa town in the shadow of the Kaimai Range Mountains. A world of comfort, good food, cute hobbit holes, gardens, bridges, the mill, The Green Dragon Inn, and The Party Tree is situated amid the picturesque 1,250-acre of sheep farm. Hobbiton is the only way to experience the Middle-Earth of The Lord of the Rings for the fans.
The story of transforming a working sheep farm into a fictional village of Hobbiton is as interesting as the location, but this is a story for another time.
The most incredible pictures you’ll ever see of the Middle-earth!
1. The beautifully lit village of Hobbiton amid the rolling valleys
2. A gorgeous little fenced house of a hobbit in Hobbiton
3. A gorgeous blue water lake in front of the tiny homes
Suggested Read: New Zealand In Pictures: Capturing The Breathtaking Beauty Of Kiwiland
4. A gorgeous house with a green door on a slopy hillside
5. There are adorable homes everywhere in Hobbiton
6. This wooden and mud house by the serene and calm lake
Suggested Read: 15 Fun Things To Do In New Zealand
7. Another hobbit home in a the hole under the wide blue sky
8. One of the biggest hobbit homes atop a lush green valley
9. Inside a home of a hobbit to see the real hobbit lifestyle
Suggested Read: Exploring Best Of New Zealand On A Friends And Family Trip
10. An antique-looking board that says how much fun it is to be in Hobbiton
11. Beautifully decorated porch area of a hobbit’s home
12. A picture-perfect home surrounded by blue and red poppies
Suggested Read: 40 Game Of Thrones Locations That Are Equally Spectacular And Dreamy In Real Life!
13. A fenced wooden home with a sprwaling meadow
14. Yet another spectacular house with a tiny garden
15. The stone bridge that connects the entire Hobbiton village
Get lost in the Hobbit holes, the lush farm, and a world of warmth on New Zealand’s North Island. Fans can take a Hobbiton movie set tour and become a part of the world of the lovely Hobbits.
Further Read: 12 Exotic Destinations For A Fairy-Tale Honeymoon In New Zealand
Looking To Book An International Honeymoon?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.