Are you sorting places to visit in Karnataka in winter? Then have a look at the various heritage sites, hill stations, beaches, wildlife sanctuaries, waterfalls and temples that are located in Karnataka and have been listed here. Whether you choose to take a drive to Coorg rested in the foothills of Western Ghats or enjoy the tranquility of Nandi Hills, you’re surely going to fall in love with this Indian state in the winter season. Find out the best places to explore here in winters right here.
15 Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In Winter
Karnataka is every adventure lover’s, history geek’s, and romantic couple’s paradise owing to all that there is to explore here. Mentioned below are some of the most fabulous places to visit in Karnataka during winter that you must list down in your itinerary before you book a trip.
- Coorg – The Scotland of India
- Nandi Hills – Into Fabulous Mountains
- Mysore – Discover Imperial Heritage
- Chikmagalur – The Glorious Hill Station
- Bangalore – The Capital City
- Kabini – The Patch Of Nature
- Hampi – The Historical Town
- Bandipur National Park – Mesmerizing Splendor
- Dandeli – At The Heart Of Western Ghats
- Sakleshpur – With Ample Plantations
- Shimoga – Beauty With A Pleasant Weather
- Nagarhole National Park – Perfect Winter Wildlife Exploration
- Kemmangundi – For Solace And Splendor
- Agumbe – A Gem Of A Village
- Savandurga – The Serene Hill Area
1. Coorg – The Scotland of India
Well known as “Scotland of India”, Coorg is a popular hill station that is endowed with coffee estates that is full of aroma and is dotted with vibrant lush greenery. Enclosed with mountains and stunning waterfalls, this place charms everyone with its natural beauty. Enjoy the fabulous treks along the trails of coffee & spice plantations and also you can visit elephant camp, monasteries, wildlife sanctuaries and local Madikeri market. Coorg is counted among the most amazing places in Karnataka to visit in December.
Positioned along the Western Ghats, this is an awesome hill station producing coffee and is also known for ravishing scenery and tranquility. Don’t miss the taste of heart-melting handmade truffles that is the specialty over here. It doesn’t matter whether you are an explorer, foodie, tranquility seeker or adventurer, Coorg is a perfect destination for all the nature lovers. Adding to your information, there are various popular festivals celebrated here like Cauvery Sankramana, Keil Poldhu and Huttari.
Adventurous activities like trekking and white water rafting are available for adventure freaks. Also, do take adequate safety measures while driving along the foggy roads around the hills. Stop over the fabulous towns like Pollibetta, Gonikoppal, Somwarpet, Kushalnagar and Virajpet, that is even more exciting.
Nearest Railway Station: Mysore and Mangalore Railway Station
Nearest Airport: Bangalore Airport
South Weekend Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle