There is so much more to Delhi than what meets the eye and that is certainly true for the food it serves! One can find snack serving eateries or hawkers in almost every street here and this is probably the reason why foodies love this city so much. But what about those who are new in their culinary journey or who simply want to explore all the delicacies the city has to offer? Worry not, for we bring you a list of all the best places to eat in Delhi so that its easier for you to find your favorite food destination.
Best Places To Eat In Delhi
Explore the best places to eat in Delhi through this little guide. We hope the recommedations help you find your favourite spot.
1. North Campus
One of the best places to eat in Delhi, the North Campus is one area where you won’t be disappointed when it comes to street food, snacking joints, fast food, and multi-cuisine diners. Remember, this is a place that is bustling with students from all over India who have limited pocket money to spend. So yes, the food that you shall find here would not only be diverse but also cheap and delicious too!
- Famous Cuisine: Street Food, Sweets, North Indian, Fast Food, Sweets, and Region Specific & Multi-Cuisine
- Best Picks: Momo’s Point, Bille Di Hatti, Chache Di Hatti, Shagun Asian Eatery, Bamboo Hut, and South Indian Cafe.
How to reach: Take a battery rickshaw or university feeder from DU metro station
Nearest Metro station: Delhi University metro station
2. Hudson Lane, GTB Nagar
Very close the main North Campus area, Hudson Lane is one place where you will find one of the finest cafes and best restaurants in Delhi. Mostly serving Italian, Cafe, and Fast Food cuisine, these quirky joints offer an amazing culinary experience at an extremely pocket-friendly price. We recommend this place to all!
- Famous Cuisines: Fast Food, Cafe, Italian, American, Chinese, and North Indian
- Best Picks: Woodbox Cafe, Mad Monkey, Indus Flavours, QD’s, Ricos, and BYD (Big Yellow Door).
How to reach: Cafes are located at a walkable distance
Nearest Metro station: GTB Nagar metro station
3. South Campus
If you are looking for economical and best food in Delhi to satisfy your hunger pangs, then Satya Niketan aka South Campus is the place to be. The area which is once again bustling with students from all over India has some of the most value for money and cool cafes like Scooter on the Wall, Big Yellow Door, and QD’s. Just like the Hudson Lane in North Campus, food served here is delicious!
- Famous Cuisines: Fast Food & Shakes, Italian, American, Cafe, Chinese, and North Indian Grill
- Best Picks: Chowringhee Lane, QD’s, Echoes, BYD (Big Yellow Door), Kev’s, and Vadapav Junction
How to reach: Take an autorickshaw from the metro station
Nearest Metro station: Durgabai Deshmukh South Campus metro station
4. Old Delhi
One of the most iconic place for the best food in Delhi, Old Delhi is the place where it all started. Your chaat papri, dahi bhallas, jalebi, Daulat ki Chaat and so on and so forth, yes, it all began from here. A paradise for street food, authentic Mughlai cuisine, and sweets lovers, Old Delhi still retains its glorious charm and culinary delights of the past. For someone who likes experiential binging, this is the place to be!
- Famous cuisines: Street Food & Sweets
- Best Picks: Chainaram, Meghraj & Sons, Haldiram, Tiwari Bros, Old Famous Jalebiwala, Shiv Mishthan Bhandaar, and Ghantewala Halwai, Natraj Bhalle Wala, Khemchand Adesh Kumar’s Daulat Ki Chaat, Lotan Chole Wala, Jung Bahadur Kachori Wala, and Shree Balaji Chaat Bhandaar and Bishan Swaroop for chaat.
How to reach: You can take rickshaw from metro station, however, due to heavy traffic its better to walk down.
Nearest Metro station: Chandni Chowk or Chawri Bazar metro station
5. Pandara Road
Located near India Gate, Pandara Road has some of the best places to eat in Delhi. It is an upmarket choice for all those who are looking for an excellent meal in a niche part of the city. One can find some of the best food places in Delhi here and these include Have More, Gulati, and Chicken Inn (all North Indian). Ichiban is the go-to place for lovers of Pan Asian and Pindi is the one for tandoori food lovers. For vegetarians, the best option is Veg Gulati. Pandara Road has some of the best eateries in Delhi that you must try at least once.
- Famous Cuisines: North Indian, Chinese, Multi-Cuisine, North Indian Grill, Pan Asian, and Sweets
- Best Picks: Have More, Gulati, Chicken Inn, Veg Gulati, and Ichiban
How to reach: Take an autorickshaw from Khan Market
Nearest Metro station: Khan Market metro station
Food lovers will find a lot of good places to eat in Delhi here. NSP not only offers a perfect mix of street food, fast food, and fine dining restaurants but also has some of the best shakes in town. Aloo Tikki and chaat lovers can visit the iconic BTW while students looking for a quick bite can visit Billu’s Hut and Hashtag Foods. They are the best places to eat in Delhi for some crispy and delicious chaat. Apart from this, one can also go in for a fine dining option and pay a visit to restaurants like Sura Ve, Themis Barbecue House, Eleven Course, and Barbeque Nation. This is one of the most popular hub for the best food in Delhi.
- Famous Cuisines: Fast Food & Shakes, Street Food, North Indian Grill, North Indian, and Multi cuisine.
- Best Picks: BTW, Billu’s Hut, Sura Ve, Barbeque Nation, and Eleven Course.
How to reach: Located at a walkable distance from the metro station
Nearest Metro station: NSP metro station
7. Jama Masjid
Jama Masjid area and the lane opposite – Bazaar Matia Mahal has some of the best eating places in Delhi. From keema samosas, to grilled botis to kebabs and jalebi, no foodie who has gone to Jama Masjid has ever come back unhappy. Jama Masjid is one of the best places to eat in Delhi, if you’re a non-veg food lover.
- Famous Cuisines: Street Food, Mughlai, Grill, and Sweets
- Best Picks: Karim’s, Al Jawahar, Aslam Chicken Corner, Kallan Sweets, Haji Mohd. Hussain Fried Chicken, and Ameer Sweet House
How to reach: Walking distance from the metro station
Nearest Metro station: Jama Masjid
Nizamuddin is one of Delhi’s oldest settlements and is an iconic spot because of its celebrated Dargah, railway station, and of course the delicious food. One can find eateries in every nook and corner of this area and it ranges from delicious kebabs to sweets to Mughlai delicacies. Definitely, a must visit for every foodie out there. If you’re looking for some non-veg food, Nizamuddin is among the best places to eat in Delhi.
- Famous Cuisines: Street Food, Mughlai Cuisines, Tandoori Grill, and Traditional sweets.
- Best Picks: Karim’s, Gulfam Kashmiri Wazwan, and Ghalib Kabab Corner
How to reach: Get down at IP metro station and take an autorickshaw to Hazrat Nizamuddin
Nearest Metro station: IP metro station
Suggested Read: The Ultimate Guide To A Kickass Nightlife In Delhi In 2020
9. Dhabas opposite IIFT
Located opposite the IFFT in Qutab Institutional Area, this road has some amazing dhabas under its name. The most famous out of these is Laxman Fast Food, a dhaba that serves paranthas overloaded with mutton and butter. Surrounded by trees on side and building on the opposite, spending some time eating Chinese and drinking some tea is something you won’t regret. Also, that experience is further elevated when you visit this place in the winters. IFFT is among the best places to eat in Delhi for parantha lovers. IFFT is among the famous places to eat in South Delhi, and you must go there with your friends at least once.
- Famous Cuisines: North Indian, Tea & Coffee, Chinese, and Fast Food.
- Best Picks: Laxman Dhaba, Mangal Ji & Gupta Ji Dhaba
How to reach: You can either take an autorickshaw or walk down from the metro station
Nearest Metro station: IIT metro station
10. Connaught Place
From fancy revolving restaurants to the delicious local rajma chawal, Connaught Place does not discriminate when it comes to food. Home to some of the best restaurants in Delhi and also iconic dhabas, one can relish all kinds of cuisines here – be it local, regional, or international. CP is among the best places to eat in Delhi for you if you’re looking for budget-friendly local cuisine. CP has some of the best dinner places in Delhi that are a little expensive too.
- Famous Cuisines: Local cuisine, North Indian, International, Regional, Cafe, and Fast Food
- Best Picks: Kake Da Hotel, Parikrama, Jain Chawal Wale, Minar, and much more.
How to reach: You can easily reach CP via metro or DTC bus
Nearest Metro station: Rajiv Chowk metro station
11. CR Park
Also known as mini-Kolkata, Chittaranjan Park, is a treat for not only Bengali food lovers but also for those with a sweet tooth. From fish to rolls to sweets and puchkas, be ready for a heavenly street food experience when you’re here. CR Park is among the famous places to eat in Delhi for families and friends.
- Famous Cuisines: Street food, Bengali, Bengali Sweets
- Best Picks: Raju Puchka Wala, Kolkata Hot Kathi Roll, Mad About Momos, Annapurna Sweet House
How to reach: Take an auto from GK metro station
Nearest Metro station: Greater Kailash
12. Safdarjung Enclave & SDA Market
One of the poshest areas, Safdarjung Enclave has some of the best eating places in Delhi and that includes a fully fledged DDA market. From the iconic Rajinder Da Dhaba to the north Indian cuisine of Spica Angan in SDA, people of all ages love indulging in the food here.
- Famous Cuisines: North Indian, Tandoori Grill, Chinese, Multi-Cuisine, Chinese, Cafe, and Street Food.
- Best Picks: Rajinder Da Dhaba, Spice Angan, Burger Singh, Theobroma, Keventers, and Scooter On The Wall.
How to reach: You can walk down from Hauz Khas metro station to SDA Market and to reach Safdarjung Enclave, take an autorickshaw from Green Park metro station.
Nearest Metro station: Hauz Khas metro station or Green Park metro station
13. New Friends Colony
Another one of the best eating places in Delhi, New Friends Colony has something for all kinds of food lovers. From lip-smacking shawarmas to South Indian dosas to cafes and fast food, NFC has always been a go-to destination for everyone who craved yum food. If you’re looking for the best dinner places in Delhi, this is where you must go.
- Famous Cuisines: South Indian, Lebanese, Street Food, North Indian, Kerala Cuisine, Mughlai, Continental, Italian, and Tex Mex.
- Best Picks: Sab Ki Khatir, Tunday Kababi, Bon Bon Pastry Shop, Pebble Street, Al Bake, Angels In My Kitchen
How to reach: You can take a walk from Sukhdev Vihar metro station to New Friends Colony
Nearest Metro station: Sukhdev Vihar metro station
14. Amar Colony
One of the first colonies established in Delhi, Amar Colony, still retains its charm and the delicious food that it is known for. Home to a diverse population from India, Africa, and Afghanistan, there is no doubt, diversity in food here too. Most of the shops are situated in the main market and are close to each other. Food lovers, another paradise for you!
- Famous Cuisines: Northeastern, North Indian, South Indian, Street Food, & Sweets
- Best Picks: Dolma Aunty Momos, Baba Nagpal Ke Chhole Bhature, Muttu South Indian Anna, Kulfiano, Gopala, and Queen’s Kitchen
How to reach: Get down at Lajpat Nagar metro station and take an autorickshaw to Amar Colony.
Nearest Metro station: Lajpat Nagar metro station
15. Karol Bagh
If you are still looking for the famous food places in Delhi then Karol Bagh is one market that is a melting pot of cultures and it only justified that it reflects in its food too. From street to shakes to fast food to dhaba style and restaurants, Karol Bagh is one place where you can pamper your inner foodie to the fullest.
- Famous Cuisine: Street Food, North Indian, Punjabi, Cafe, Bakery, South Indian, and Multi-Cuisine
- Best Picks: Roshan Di Kulfi, Anjalika, Om Corner Chhole Bhature, Art Of Spices, Sindhi Corner, Sandoz, and Changezi.
How to reach: You can take an autorickshaw to reach Om Sweets.
Nearest Metro station: Karol Bagh metro station
16. Khan Market
One of the best places to eat in Delhi, Khan Market is a food hub. The market has an incredible mix of cafes, street eateries, and pubs etc. From you can find some delicious kebabs to juicy kathi rolls in the lanes of the market. Even if you’re a fan of a bit fo fancier stuff like potato wedges, peri peri chicken and pork ribs, you’ll get them in Khan Market.
Famous cuisines: Kebabs, kathi roll, biryani, and momos
Nearest Metro station: Khan Market metro station is the nearest on
17. Dilli Haat
One of the best places to eat in Delhi, Dilli Haat has everything you’re looking for. From delicious food to traditional clothes, this is the place you should be at. The tiny cultural hub serves regional food from different states of India. From Nagaland stall to Jharkhand stall, you can grab a bite at pocket-friendly rates.
Famous Cuisines: You must try litti chokha, pork ribs, idli sambhar, dosa, mutton momos, veg momos.
Nearest Metro station: INA metro station is the nearest one.
So now that you know about the best places to eat in Delhi, when are you venturing out on your food walk? Also, if you wanna tell us about a food place, not on the list, do let us know in the comments below. Until, then, happy eating!
Frequently Asked Questions
A. When it comes to street food in Delhi, there are various options but the best ones are located in Old Delhi, Lajpat Nagar, and North Campus area.
A. There are many fine dining restaurants in Delhi but the best areas that have them include CP, Hauz Khas, GK, Old Delhi, and North Delhi. The 5 star hotels in Delhi also have great options when it comes to fine dining.
A,. Chole bhature, gol gappe, pakora, parantha, faluda, rajma chawal, and momos are some of the food you must try in Delhi.
A. There are people of different cultures and states living in harmony in the city, and hence, there’s no staple food that’s followed. People usually eat dal chawal, chapati, and paranthas at home.
A. The city is popular for its enriched culture and heritage. There are many historical monuments that exist in the city, for example, Qutub Minar, Lal Qila, Purana Qila etc.
A. Jalebi, faluda, and rabri are the most popular sweet dishes you can find in Delhi.
People Also Read: