The Kasauli Rhythm and Blues festival is a mecca for music lovers interested in listening to a diverse pool of well-established and upcoming talent. The festival has delivered some of the most exceptional live performances — from the mesmerizing Usha Uthup, Shilpa Rao, Lesle Lewis, Rabbi Shergill to the exuberant Sonam Kalra and Kutle Khan Sufi Collective.
Kasauli Rhythm and Blues 2019 is now running in its eighth edition. Here are a few important highlights regarding the event this year, including the Kasauli Rhythm and Blues Festival 2019 dates. You might want to keep this guide handy with you for easy access to this information:
- Date And Time: 19 April (4:30 PM onwards) – 20 April (4 PM onwards)
- Venue: Baikunth Resort, Village Chabbal, P.O. Garkhal, Tehsil Kasauli, Solan, Himachal Pradesh 173201
- One Day Pass Charges: INR 7850/- for adults and INR 3000/- for kids
- Food: On chargeable basis; unlimited soft and hard drinks are included in the ticket prices for the entire day
- Seats Availability: First come first serve basis
- What To Carry: Valid ID Proof
- What To Not Carry: Weapons, fireworks, helmets, polybags, tins/cans, metal containers and musical instruments
How Was The Festival Born?
The Kasauli Rhythm and Blues fest 2019 was conceived by Genesis Foundation in 2012 with a view to grow its community of donors and well-wishers. Believing strongly that music is a positive and participatory force, the funds raised at the festival will be utilized towards the medical treatment for critically ill, underprivileged children suffering with heart disorders. These children belong to families with an income of Rs 10,000 per month. The artists perform for the cause and bring together music lovers, corporates, high net-worth individuals celebrating life and melody.
Suggested Read: 33 Best Resorts In Kasauli For A Tranquil Getaway In 2022
Artist Line Up
The Kasauli Rhythm and Blues festival has a promising and unforgettable line-up. Here is the complete list of bands and independent artists who will be performing at the festival:
- With thought provoking lyrics and a fresh, contemporary Indie pop sound, the Shubhangi Joshi Collective has gained an ardent listener base.
- A collaborative duo of Nirali Kartik and Kartik Shahi, Maatibaani is what happens when folk meets contemporary.
- Hari and Sukhmani combine eclecticism with a curiously contemporary take on traditional folk songs from the land of Punjab.
- Parikrama is a 27-year old legendary rock band, playing basically Classic Rock based music fused with Indian instruments like the Tabla and the violin.
- Soundarya Jayachandran’s music is a blend of bluesy rock, pop and soul, with a touch of the Indian classics.
- Thaikkudam Bridge is a rock band with folk and classical sounds of India interspersed with layers of progressive, pop, ambient and electronic textures.
- Bryden-Parth are two musicians who come from Western and Indian Classical backgrounds, creating an exciting cross-genre musical experience.
How To Reach The Venue
Baikunth Resort is 298 km away from New Delhi. From New Delhi, take NH 1 to Ambala. From Ambala NH 22, take the road towards Dharampur. Somewhere around 2 km before Dharampur, turn left on Kasauli road. Keep driving for 10 km on that road to reach Garkhal. From Garkhal, turn right on Jagjit Nagar Road. Keep driving on that road for 3 km to reach Baikunth Resort.
More than music and fun, Kasauli Rhythm and Blues seems to be a musical festival with a heart, as the memorable weekender aims to financially support critically ill children with heart disorders of Little Hearts for their surgery. So, book your trip to Kasauli and be on your way asap. Can’t you hear the mountains calling?
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.