Manchester, an enormous city which is youthful, divergent, dynamic and dazzling with character is amongst the most exciting places across the United Kingdom. Located in the north west of England, Manchester has a gratifying history in science, music, sports, politics, and art. This electrifying city attracts Globetrotters with its eclectic clubs, bars, galleries, and vibrant festivals. Manchester International Festival is one such globally acknowledged international art festival that purveys a common platform for artists from exclusive art forms and backgrounds.
About Manchester International Festival
Manchester International Festival commenced from the year 2007, after three successful pre-festival commissions. It was launched as an artist-led festival featuring new creations by prodigies of performing arts and visual arts. The festival has presented some eminent artists to the world, namely, Björk, Steve McQueen, Jeremy Deller, Damon Albarn, Elbow and Marina Abramović, Boris Charmatz, and many more!
The festival is organized every year in the month of June and July and one can experience a plethora of international wanderers, celebrating this vibrant festival of art and music. Manchester International Festival 2019 witnessed the world-class performances organized throughout the Greater Manchester at different locations including performance and concert halls, galleries, museums, heritage buildings, and parks.
Must Read: 10 Best Places To Visit In Manchester For A Great English Holiday
Highlights Of Manchester International Festival 2021
Every year the Manchester International Festival welcomes art lovers with an entirely unique experience, making it the best escapade where one can enjoy irreconcilable performances, dynamic ambiance, delicious delicacies, exclusive designs, with people from different cultures and backgrounds interacting on one common topic, that’s art and its aesthetics. Following are the highlights of Manchester International Festival 2020:
- The MIF 20 will be featuring electrifying music and theatre performances.
- The festival will also include talks and discussions headed by the eminent performers and critics.
- One can enjoy the illuminating walking tours while sharing their views on the art forms.
- There would be ticketed as well as free shows which can be opted as per your preference.
- One can attend the power-packed performances of popular artists.
- One can taste the scrumptious delicacies ranging from British classics to Indian street food at MIF 21.
- The festival will be designed by the renowned architect, Nicholas Henninger, and Paloma Gormley; giving the lively, vibrant, and unique outlook to the entire festival.
Suggested Read: 10 Places To Visit In United Kingdom That’ll Make Your Trip More Classic That You Had Imagined
Manchester International Festival 2021 Date And Time
Manchester International Festival for the year 2021 is expected from July 1 to July 18, across Greater Manchester. Performances were held from noon till late hours at numerous venues, where one could hop on according to their priorities. If you are willing to be a volunteer at the MIF 21, then you need to register for the same. The festival will make you witness some spellbinding performances amidst the vibrant aura with thousands of artists from across the globe admiring the unique and innovative art forms.
Must Read: 10 Top Things To Do In United Kingdom For A Fun-Filled Holiday Experience
Manchester International Festival 2020 Schedule
DISCLAIMER: We will be updating you with the 2021 schedule soon. So stay tuned!
The current year schedule of the Manchester International Festival features numerous established artists under one-roof, merely impossible to be experienced in any other biennial international art festival. This 17-day festival will be featuring 4 to 12 shows per day including ticketed and free performances.
- The festival will start with the entertaining performance of ‘Bell For Peace’ followed by Janelle Monáe, Invisible Cities, and Tree.
- The second day includes some exclusive performances of artists such as Abida Parveen, Alphabus, A Drunk Pandemic, The Guardian Tour, etc.
- Alphabus, Tree, Invisible Cities, Parliament of Ghosts, A Drunk Pandemic, Tuesday, The Nico Project, Interdependence are amongst the performances that would be showcased on a regular basis.
- Performances of Tao of Glass, Lazy Lunch, David Lynch at Home are already house-full and there are chances of more showcases of these popular performances.
- Albert Square of Manchester will be transformed into Festival Square featuring the home of the festival in the heart of this magnificent city.
- Partying on the spirited tracks of the popular DJs like Nitin Sawhney, The Orioles, Horace Andy, LIINES, etc. will be absolutely free of cost.
Suggested Read: Churches In London: A Tour Of 10 Historic Churches In London That You Must Not Miss
How To Reach The Venue
Traveling to Manchester from India is best via plane. The travelers planning an excursion to Manchester must apply for the Standard Visitor Visa of the UK. The Standard Visitor Visa can be availed only for leisure, business, and medical treatment and permits a stay of a maximum of 6 months. Following are the best ways to reach Manchester:
By Flight: Manchester Airport is the second largest airport in the United Kingdom, located in the southern part of the city. This airport welcomes over 100 operators flying to and from around the globe. One can either take direct trains connecting the airport to the other part of the city or take a taxi from the airport to their destination.
By Train: Manchester has two main railway stations that are Victoria station in the north and Piccadilly station in the south of the city. Victoria is primarily for local trains whereas Piccadilly has connectivity to long distance stations.
By Road: The most inexpensive mode to get around in Manchester is via road, either by car or cab. London features really cheap taxis through which one can comfortably commute at different venues of the Manchester International Festival.
Further Read: Manchester Shopping: 10 Best Places To Experience Shopping Like Never Before
Manchester, the home to world-class events and festivals lure thousands of art admirers with its unique experience. From jam-packed performances to prolonged enlightening art conversations, one gets a miscellany reason to celebrate the liveliness of this energetic city. Witness the vibrant Manchester International Festival 2021 by planning a trip to Manchester via TravelTriangle. You can also get your itinerary customized according to your preferences and interests.
Vancouver Festivals Osaka Festivals Wonderfruit Festival
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.