Chennai is a beautiful city in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu and is known for its serene beaches and rich culture. There are many things one can enjoy in Chennai such as watersports or sightseeing, but one of the major sports that you can experience there is scuba diving.
Scuba diving in Chennai is fun and will allow you to immerse yourself in the deep sea with confidence and explore the underwater wonders and vibrant sea life!
Unlike other adventure activities, diving requires specific skills as it requires breathing from the mouth with the help of a cylinder, and not from the nose. But the dive is so addictive that you can’t help but fall in love with the water!
5 Popular Operators For Scuba Diving In Chennai
Since scuba diving is a popular sport in Chennai, there are many operators who ensure a safe and fun dive for everyone. Have a look at the 5 best operators for scuba diving in Chennai are:
- Salty Bone Divers – A PADI Dive Center
- Chennai Institute Of Diving – Enjoy Numerous Adventures
- Chennai Dive Paradise – Experience Night Dives
- Dive Chennai – Experience The Magnificent Underwater Beauty
- DIVEIndia Chennai – Offers Different Diving Plans
1. Salty Bone Divers – A PADI Dive Center
Salty Bone Divers is a PADI dive center in ECR, Injambakkam located on a beautiful farm surrounded by trees. There are many diving sites offered by this operator that will suit your diving needs. One of the most stable conditions is the “big stone”. The large rock is part of a large rock approximately 5 km from the coast and extends several kilometers parallel to the beach. The bottom is 18 meters, which is ideal for student divers.
Price: 5,550 plus taxes (per person)
Location: 2/171, East Coast Road Injambakkam, Chennai
2. Chennai Institute Of Diving – Enjoy Numerous Adventures
Chennai Diving Center welcomes you to the diving entertainment center. Here you can have fun and enjoy many adventures. In the end, the experience of this exciting scuba dive will relax you. Your training will begin at Neyveli and trained professionals will guide you through the course of your training.
Price: 5,200(per person)
Location: 8/7 Seethakathi Nagar, George Town, Chennai.
3. Chennai Dive Paradise – Experience Night Dives
Scuba diving at ECR Chennai is a day trip that begins with a dive in the large submarine operated here. This operator also allows you to experience night dives with utmost security!
Price: 3,000-5,500(per person)
Location: No.1 MGR Street, Muttukadu, ECR Chennai, Opposite to MGM Dizzee world
4. Dive Chennai – Experience The Magnificent Underwater Beauty
Located in the southern suburbs of Chennai, it offers diving courses from beginners to professional day trips. They provide training and certification for all PADI diving courses and conduct qualified divers to some of the best diving sites in the region. They also specialize in initial training in open water before traveling abroad, diving in the Andaman Islands or on the mainland. Let’s experience all the magnificent underwater beauty of our world.
Price: 6,500-15,000(per person)
Location: Dive Chennai, Off-Road Sports Campus, 168/3D, Pattipulam, ECR Road Chennai.
5. DIVEIndia Chennai – Offers Different Diving Plans
Based in Chennai, this operator offers a variety of diving plans, including an introductory program for beginners, a diving training program (only for entire courses or training in the pool), diving classes and continuing education courses. For people coming from outside, there are many accommodation options in the ECR / Kovalam area to suit your budget.
Price: 6,500-10,000(per person)
Location: Near TheTaj Fisherman Cove, Kovalam, Chennai
Suggested Read: 7 Beaches Near Chennai For The Water Babies To Visit In 2020
Tips For Scuba Diving In Chennai:
- Whether you are a veteran, amateur or newbie, safety is a top priority. Know the number of people assigned by each trainer -5 is a good number
- Follow all the necessary instructions of professional divers in the diving center
- Chennai has many underwater and deep-sea attractions. Whether you are an experienced diver or a beginner diver, you can choose rides of various depths. Do your research wisely and select a place for diving
- If you are medically suitable for diving, diving schools will prefer this because underwater artificial oxygenation can cause problems
- Diving takes place all year, with the best views from February to April and from September to November
- Be sure to drink enough water. All three sides are surrounded by seawater, and when the sun falls from above, it becomes easier to dehydrate
Explore the mysterious beauty hidden in the waters of the Earth when you experience scuba diving in Chennai! Dive deep and feel the crunch of aquatic life; experience floating corals, colorful fish, giant marine mammals, sea flowers and much more on your next trip to Chennai!
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Frequently Asked Questions About Scuba Diving In Chennai
A. Some of the adventure sports in Chennai that one can experience are:
2. Scuba Diving
4. Mountain Biking
A. The minimum age for scuba diving in Chennai is 10 years.
A. No, there is no weight limit for scuba diving but one is expected to be physically fit.
A. Yes, one does not necessarily have to know swimming for scuba diving in Chennai.
A. Yes, scuba diving is absolutely safe in Chennai as one can do the sport with the help of trained professionals and while wearing safety equipment.
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
People Also Read: