Just as the spring arrives at the boundaries of Kashmir, the heaven on Earth becomes a rainbow land. At this time of the year the entire world celebrates spring in a grand scale with Tulip festivals, but the Tulip Festival in Kashmir stands out everyone. One of its own kinds, this festival marks the blooming season of beautiful Tulips in Srinagar.While the Kashmir’s beauty will leave you baffled already, a walk amidst these parallel rows of bright colored flowers will make a mark on your mind for a lifetime. And as the April has already started, here is a handy guide to get a quick sneak-peek of the largest tulip festival of South Asia which incredibly reflects nature’s finest beauty.
About Tulip Festival In Kashmir
The Kashmir Tulip Festival is an annual event which is held at the Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden which is Asia’s largest tulip garden and one of the magnificent nature’s retreats in Srinagar. There are around 60 varieties of tulips spread across this 30 hectares land which attracts many nature lovers and people having an interest in horticulture and floriculture. The garden is located at the foothills of the Zabarwan Range which gives a picturesque of the Dal Lake and the snow-covered mountain peaks in the backdrop. To promote tourism in the state, this unique festival was started in 2007, and it has done quite well in all these years. With the onset of spring season, tourists from various corners of the world wait for the whole year to witness the beauty of this place.
Dates Of Kashmir Tulip Festival
The Kashmir Tulip Festival commences with the onset of spring season which usually starts at the end of March. In 2019, the festival has already started from April 1 and will last till April 15th. This 15 days festival invites all the nature enthusiasts to enjoy a view of these colorful tulips but the commencement can sometimes differ due to significant weather change.
Suggested Read: Here’s What Makes Kashmir A True Heaven On Earth
Kashmir Tour Packages On TravelTriangle
Visit Kashmir and experience skiing in Gulmarg, trekking through the breathtaking mountains lakes, trout fishing in Sonmarg and a romantic stay in houseboats in Jhelum River. Book packages inclusive of airport transfers, cab, resort, sightseeing, and meals.
Highlights Of Kashmir Tulip Festival 2019
Every year the Tulip festival in Kashmir brings new additions for the visitors. In 2019, there are some added attractions which will make your visit worth it.
- There is an addition of more variety of flowers in the garden this year which will make it appear more beautiful.
- For the visitors the garden authorities has introduced surplus facilities like free Wi-Fi, additional fountains, washrooms (separately for disabled people) and drinking points.
- Plants like Daffodils, Hyacinths, Narcissus and few other ornamental plants are planted in the garden to decorate the area.
- Decorated stalls are put up displaying souvenirs, Kashmiri food and handicrafts for visitors to enjoy outside the garden area.
Suggested Read: 8 Experiences That Make Winter In Kashmir Irresistible
Facts About Tulip Festival
- These tulip bulbs are imported all the way from Holland and planted at this magnificent garden in Siraj Bagh. This festival reflects the culture and beauty of the place.
- The garden is designed in such a way that in a first glimpse, one can see a parallel rows of bright colored tulips lined up.
- This garden is carved out of seven terraces which creates a gently sloped ground which gives a view of the entire garden from any direction.
How To Get There
The Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden is easily accessible by road and one can hire a cab/taxi to reach the venue directly from the airport. Apart from this there are buses which connects to the garden at minimal rates.
Other Details About The Festival
- Entry Fee- INR 25 (For Children), INR 50 (For Adult)
- Timings- 9AM-7PM
Further Read: 15 Best Houseboats In Kashmir: A Treat For Nature Buffs
April is already here and what are you still waiting for? Get smitten by the magnificent beauty of these various hued tulips at none other than our own paradisiacal land. And if you’re a true nature buff, then make sure to be part of this blissful Tulip festival in Kashmir this year before it ends!
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.