Cover Image Credit: Jon Southurst for Pixabay
Singapore is a beautiful travel destination flocked by millions of travelers every year. Singapore has a diverse and unique culture. There are various iconic places to visit in Singapore such as Singapore Flyer, Sentosa Island, Little India, Universal Studios, Marina Bay Sands and many more. Apart from these places, one can also undertake various thrilling and adventurous activities in Singapore such as mountain bike trailing, hiking, paragliding etc. Singapore is also famous for its delicious food. One can find food items ranging from street hawkers to fine dining restaurants. One should also explore the local culture of Singapore. The various local places of Singapore are a must try. Here, we have listed some things to do in Somerset in 3 days.
Best Time To Visit Singapore
Planning to visit things to do in Somerset in 3 days? You can visit Singapore as per the various events and festivals of Singapore. These festivals are very happening and interesting. If you are traveling to Singapore with your kids, then you can visit Singapore in the month of March at the time of Singapore Festival of Fun. If you love trying new cuisines and food items, then you can plan your visit to Singapore in June at the time of Singapore Food Festival. Singapore Night Festival in August is also a must attend as Singapore has a very vibrant nightlife.
Talking about the weather of Singapore, it has a pleasant weather throughout the year. So, you can plan your visit as per your wishes.
Top 3 Things To Do In Somerset In 3 Days
There are a lot of things to do in Somerset in 3 days. Add these things to do in and around Somerset to your vacay plan and enjoy an amazing vacation with your family.
1. Palfie Pix: Get Photographed
This place is a paradise for you if you love clicking selfies and pictures. It is a unique and different place. There are virtual backgrounds which makes it one of the interesting things to do in Somerset in 3 days. These are around 60,000 in number. Make everlasting and amazing memories here. Spend some quality time with your family here.
When one is on a vacation, they are always looking out for ways on how they can make their Instagram look aesthetic and appealing. This spot in Singapore is perfect for that. This virtual selfie studio has all the necessary costumes and cosmetics. Make your virtual fantasies come true here!
2. Delicacies: Try The Mouth-Watering Local Dishes
At Kallang, you will find some amazing places to eat, from cute cafes to classic restaurants, serving both local and international cuisines. There are so many places which have become a hub for cafes or some really good restaurants.
Make your way to the food street at Leisure Park, Kallang or the Kallang Wave Mall where you will come across multiple food joints serving food which are an utmost delight to taste. Do try out some local and authentic dishes to get the real taste of Singapore!
Planning your holiday in Bali but confused about what to do? These Bali travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
3. Ion Sky Observation Deck: Witness The Views
Offering breathtaking views of the city, visiting ION Sky tower in the ION Orchard Shopping Mall is one of the best things to do in Somerset in 3 days. On days when the sky is clear, you can even spot the gorgeous Malaysian and Indonesian islands. Situated 56 storeys above, this place can totally help you capture mind-boggling pictures for your Instagram.
Just imagine getting glimpses of the nation from a point up above in the sky. The views from this deck are breathtaking. They never fail to impress and leave the mouth open!
Preferred time: Anyday between 3 to 6 PM.
What To Pack For Singapore
Image Credits: pxfuel
Singapore is a destination that mostly has summer season throughout the year. The urbanisation of this nation has also led to the city offering everything one might need. However, it is still better to pack along some things as you visit this destination in order to avoid any doubts. You definitely want to enjoy all the things to do in Somerset in 3 days without any hassles!
- Clothing: Since the sun is always out in Singapore, it is suggested that you pack your summer wardrobe along. Shorts, skirts, swimwear, casual t-shirts, and sunglasses should be your must. Carry a formal outfit if you plan on enjoying the nightlife or go for a fancy dinner.
- Cosmetics: Do not forget to throw in that sunblock. Since the sun is always shining, the chances of skin needing that extra care is very much possible.
- Mosquito Repellent: Another one of the must-haves on the trip to Singapore is an insect repellent. Singapore is home to numerous zoos and nature parks that have all kinds of bugs and insects inhabiting there.
- Water Bottle: It is always better to carry a bottle of water along rather than buying one every now and then. Because the weather is pretty hot, you will need to make sure that you keep yourself hydrated.
- Daypack: Be it a small backpack or a little bigger handbag, it is advised that you carry something along in order to throw in your tidbits. There are several quirky stores in Singapore where shopping might be difficult to resist.
How To Reach Singapore
Visa is not an issue. Singapore is a country with minimal restrictions. One can easily get a Singapore visa which is valid for 2 years. And one can stay in Singapore for a maximum of 3o days with it to try out all the things to do in Somerset in 3 days.
Singapore is very well connected to India via Changi Airport. One can easily catch a flight from India and reach Singapore in just 4 hours. There are also the options of traveling by road and water but they are not that feasible.
Tips For Travelers
Image Credits: Atul Choudhary for Pexels
No one wants their trip to get spoiled in any manner. Here are a few tips that you must keep in mind when planning a trip to Singapore.
- While there is summer all along the year, there are still certain months that can get dreadful because of the heat. Check out the weather and climatic conditions before planning.
- It is advised to apply for your tourist visa well before, at least a month in advance.
- Either check with the hotel or buy one local SIM card from your homeland itself before traveling to Singapore. The local SIM card will help you cut down the roaming expenses.
- Avoid chewing gum in public. It is prohibited in Singapore.
- Carry enough cash and coins, especially your cents. Street shopping, street food, buses, and munchies, everything will require you to pay in change.
- Make enough use of the public transport in Singapore.
- Do not carry a lot of valuables and make sure you always have a map hand.
- Keep your visa and passport on you wherever you are going. Do not leave them at your accommodation.
- Polish your bargaining skills for street markets and vendors.
Planning to visit an international destination with your family and friends? Singapore is a perfect destination for the same. Whether it be local food or shopping, Singapore has got it all for you. Also, add these interesting things to do in Somerset in 3 days to your itinerary and enjoy with your family. So, what are you waiting for? Plan a vacation to Singapore with TravelTriangle and enjoy with your friends and family.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Looking To Book An International Holiday?