Ziro Valley has been in the news for a couple of years now and all for the right reasons. A favorite for being listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, lately, it has also been developing a colorful personality of its own – courtesy, the Ziro Festival Of Music or in simple words, Ziro Music Festival 2019.
Located in Lower Subansiri district in the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh, the picturesque green valley is a perfect place for an independent artists music festival. A festival that together some of the best musical talents of India to a diverse audience hungry for some original cool music. A vibrant mixture of art, music, and culture, Ziro Festival 2019 has now become a “go to” destination for the youngsters and hip enthusiasts who want to get high on music.
About Ziro Music Festival 2019
Founded by Bobby Hano and Menwhopause guitarist Anup Kutty in 2012, Ziro Music Festival in Arunachal Pradesh has many great Indie artists under its name like Steve Shelley, Lou Majaw, Shaa’ir n Func, Indus Creed, Lee Ranaldo, Menwhopause, Guru Rewben Mashangva, and Peter Cat Recording Co among others. The list is continuously growing and this time, it’s much larger than before!
2 Stages – 40 Musicians – 6000 Attendees. Are you ready for the Indie music festival of your dreams?
Suggested Read: Seven Sisters Of India – An Introductory Guide
Ziro Music Festival 2019 Details
- Event Name: Ziro Festival of Music 2019
- Ziro Music Festival Venue: Ziro, Arunachal Pradesh
- Start Date: Thursday, 27-Sep-2019
- End Date: Sunday, 30-Sep-2019
- Hosted by: Ziro Music Festival 2019 is spread over three days and is hosted by the Apatani people of Ziro
- Accommodation: Visitors can stay at tents (from the organizers) near the festival ground at Hapoli or can bring their own tents Additionally, the town also has some basic lodges and homestays at a distance from the venue.
- Ziro Valley Festival Tickets Price: For tickets, one can contact the official website of Ziro Festival here. Normally, BYOT (buy your own tent excluding the event) starts from INR 3000 and goes upto to INR 24000 depending on accommodation and festival access pass inclusions.
Sikkim-Gangtok-Darjeeling Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle
Visit Sikkim and explore Yumthang valley, Tsomgo Lake, Gangtok, Nathula Pass, and Pelling. Experience peace and tranquility while exploring Buddhist monasteries, snow-capped mountains, and wildlife sanctuaries. Book packages inclusive of airport transfers, cab, resort, sightseeing, and meals.
Entry Formalities For Ziro Music Festival 2019
Since Arunachal Pradesh comes under the area, one needs to have official permission to enter it. These include:
- ILP – Inline Permit: Indian Nationals (domestic travelers) apart from natives of Arunachal Pradesh need ILP to enter any place Arunachal Pradesh. The ILP can be acquired online here or one can be issued by the Government Authorities of Arunachal Pradesh that has its offices in Delhi, Kolkata, Tezpur, Guwahati, Shillong, Dibrugarh, Lakhimpur, and Jorhat.
- PAP – Protected Area Permit: All the foreigners are required to have a Protection Area Permit or PAP for entering into Arunachal Pradesh. They can obtain the Protected Area Permit from, All Indian Missions abroad, All Foreigners Regional Registration Officers (FRRO) at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chief Immigration Officer, Chennai, Home Ministry, Govt. of India and Home Commissioner, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar.
Artist Lineup For The Ziro Music Festival 2019
The artist lineup for Ziro Valley Festival 2019 is yet to be announced but one can get a fair idea by looking at last year’s lineup which included – Khasi Bloods, Kroashia, Aswekeepsearching, Carolina Norbu, Burudu, Vivek Arora, Lateral, Kum Chirui, Attingkok, Sky Level, Reggae Rajahs, Damo Suzuki, The Kathmandu Killers, Alaska Snack Time, Alobo Naga and the Band, Bint El Funk, Rizal Abdulhadi, Jambili, Thaalavattam, Dhruv Visvanath, and Sofia Ashraf among others.
How To Reach Ziro Valley Festival?
Hire a taxi from Guwahati or Jorhat (approx 470 Km). It will take 7 hours for you to reach via NH27 & NH15 (the road conditions are pretty good). Government buses are also available from the same. There are government run buses from Itanagar to Ziro for a reasonable cost between INR 100 – INR 200.
Likabali and Tezpur are the closest airport but unreliable when it comes to the flight schedule. Hence, it is preferred that you fly to Guwahati Airport (450 km) and then travel to Ziro via its various transport options available.
The closest railhead is Naharlagun and is about 3 hours away from Ziro. One can board an overnight (about 3 hours away from Ziro). One can board an overnight train from Guwahati to Naharlagun.
Tips For Travelers Attending Ziro Music Festival 2019
- Since it is monsoon season in India during this time, it is recommended you carry a raincoat and gumboots.
- It is preferable to book your tickets in advance to avail the early bird offer.
- There aren’t many accommodation options available in Ziro so it is better to make reservations in advance.
- Inline Permit (ILP) is a must for all domestic travelers and Protected Area Permit (PAP) for all foreigners.
- Do try the famous Aping Beer of the region
- Keep one day extra in your itinerary in case of an emergency
So are you excited to be part of this vibrant festival which happens in the pristine landscapes of Arunachal Pradesh? If music is your forte and you want to groove with the beats of music along with your gang then plan your vacation to North-East this summer time!
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.