Ziro Valley has been in the news for a couple of years now and all for the right reasons. A favorite for being listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, lately, it has also been developing a colorful personality of its own – courtesy, the Ziro Festival Of Music or in simple words, Ziro Music Festival 2020.
Located in Lower Subansiri district in the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh, the picturesque green valley is a perfect place for an independent artists music festival. A festival that together some of the best musical talents of India to a diverse audience hungry for some original cool music. A vibrant mixture of art, music, and culture, Ziro Festival 2020 has now become a “go to” destination for the youngsters and hip enthusiasts who want to get high on music.
Table Of Content
- About Ziro Music Festival 2020
- Ziro Music Festival 2020 Details
- Entry Formalities
- Artist Lineup
- How To Reach Ziro Valley Festival?
- Tips For Travelers
- Frequently Asked Questions
About Ziro Music Festival 2020
Founded by Bobby Hano and Menwhopause guitarist Anup Kutty in 2012, Ziro Music Festival in Arunachal Pradesh has many great Indie artists under its name like Steve Shelley, Lou Majaw, Shaa’ir n Func, Indus Creed, Lee Ranaldo, Menwhopause, Guru Rewben Mashangva, and Peter Cat Recording Co among others. The list is continuously growing and this time, it’s much larger than before!
2 Stages – 40 Musicians – 6000 Attendees. Are you ready for the Indie music festival of your dreams?
Ziro Music Festival 2020 Details
Get details of the dates and other important details here:
- Event Name: Ziro Festival of Music 2020
- Venue: Ziro, Arunachal Pradesh
- Ziro Music Festival 2020 Dates: Yet To Be Announced
- Hosted by: This Music Festival is spread over three days and is hosted by the Apatani people of Ziro
- Accommodation: Visitors can stay at tents (from the organizers) near the festival ground at Hapoli or can bring their own tents Additionally, the town also has some basic lodges and homestays at a distance from the venue.
- Ziro Valley Festival Tickets Price: For Ziro Music Festival 2020 tickets, one can contact the official website of Ziro Festival here. Normally, BYOT (buy your own tent excluding the event) starts from INR 3000 and goes upto to INR 24000 depending on accommodation and festival access pass inclusions.
Since Arunachal Pradesh comes under the area, one needs to have official permission to enter it. These include:
- ILP – Inline Permit: Indian Nationals (domestic travelers) apart from natives of Arunachal Pradesh need ILP to enter any place Arunachal Pradesh. The ILP can be acquired online here or one can be issued by the Government Authorities of Arunachal Pradesh that has its offices in Delhi, Kolkata, Tezpur, Guwahati, Shillong, Dibrugarh, Lakhimpur, and Jorhat.
- PAP – Protected Area Permit: All the foreigners are required to have a Protection Area Permit or PAP for entering into Arunachal Pradesh. They can obtain the Protected Area Permit from, All Indian Missions abroad, All Foreigners Regional Registration Officers (FRRO) at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chief Immigration Officer, Chennai, Home Ministry, Govt. of India and Home Commissioner, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar.
The artist lineup for Ziro Valley Festival 2020 is yet to be announced but one can get a fair idea by looking at last year’s lineup which included – Khasi Bloods, Kroashia, Aswekeepsearching, Carolina Norbu, Burudu, Vivek Arora, Lateral, Kum Chirui, Attingkok, Sky Level, Reggae Rajahs, Damo Suzuki, The Kathmandu Killers, Alaska Snack Time, Alobo Naga and the Band, Bint El Funk, Rizal Abdulhadi, Jambili, Thaalavattam, Dhruv Visvanath, and Sofia Ashraf among others.
How To Reach Ziro Valley Festival?
Hire a taxi from Guwahati or Jorhat (approx 470 Km). It will take 7 hours for you to reach via NH27 & NH15 (the road conditions are pretty good). Government buses are also available from the same. There are government run buses from Itanagar to Ziro for a reasonable cost between INR 100 – INR 200.
Likabali and Tezpur are the closest airport but unreliable when it comes to the flight schedule. Hence, it is preferred that you fly to Guwahati Airport (450 km) and then travel to Ziro via its various transport options available.
The closest railhead is Naharlagun and is about 3 hours away from Ziro. One can board an overnight (about 3 hours away from Ziro). One can board an overnight train from Guwahati to Naharlagun.
Tips For Travelers
- Since it is monsoon season in India during this time, it is recommended you carry a raincoat and gumboots.
- It is preferable to book your tickets in advance to avail the early bird offer.
- There aren’t many accommodation options available in Ziro so it is better to make reservations in advance.
- Inline Permit (ILP) is a must for all domestic travelers and Protected Area Permit (PAP) for all foreigners.
- Do try the famous Aping Beer of the region
- Keep one day extra in your itinerary in case of an emergency
So are you excited to be part of Ziro Music Festival which happens in the pristine landscapes of Arunachal Pradesh? If music is your forte and you want to groove with the beats of music along with your gang then plan your vacation to North-East this summer time!
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where the Ziro music festival 2020 will going to held?
The dates for the year 2020 has not been revealed yet by the organizers.
Ziro music festival 2020 will begin on?
The festival will begin in September 2020. This year the festival be conducted at Arunachal Pradesh. There are numerous beautiful places to visit near Arunachal Pradesh.
What is ZIRO famous for?
Ziro is popular for its rice fields, pine trees, and pleasant weather.
Does Ziro have snow?
Yes, it snows in Ziro in during the period of October to November.
How do I get to Ziro by train?
The nearest railway stations from Ziro are Naharalagun and North Lakhimpur. You can board a train from Guhawati to these stations and reach Ziro.
People Also Read: