There is no doubt that Sydney is one of the most beautiful destinations in the world to visit for honeymooners. The iconic tourist attractions, harbor, numerous beaches and endless walking tracks adds up that thrilling element to this picturesque city. Though the definition of romance is different for every couple, the lesser known experiences are the ones that are the most romantic things to do in Sydney.
10 Romantic Things To Do In Sydney For The Honeymooners
Hence, we bring you this list of best things to do in Sydney for couples with which you’ll sure be able to explore the best of this city on your honeymoon trip to Australia.
10. The Rocks: Eat. Sleep. Shop. Repeat.
Being one of the oldest places moulded in modern day architecture, the Rocks is one of the most romantic places to stay in Sydney. Taking you back in time, the Rocks is a timeless historical beauty that offers the best of past as well as present on your honeymoon in Sydney.
Location: The southern shore of Sydney Harbour
Where To Stay: The Russell Hotel, Sydney Harbour Bed & Breakfast and Rendezvous Hotel
Things To Do: Spend an evening at the oldest pubs of Sydney; Shop for handmade jewellery and antiques at the weekend markets; Sip on the locally-brewed beers in the lively bars and more
- For exploring the city and going on sightseeing tours, The Rocks serves as a great base spot in Sydney.
- Feel like doing something crazy on honeymoon? Join one of the famous ghost tours at the Rocks.
Australia Honeymoon Packages On TravelTriangle
Go on a luxurious honeymoon trip to Australia and witness the best of marine life at the Great Barrier Reef. Indulge in Australia’s aquatic experiences, go for nature walks, and get the best of food & wine. Find best honeymoon deals offered only on TravelTriangle.
9. Momofuku Seiobo Restaurant: Dig Into A 14-Course Fantasy
Taking fine dining to yet another lever, Momofuku Seiobo offers a lip-smacking wonders in form of 14-courses of the most diverse dishes. Though the restaurant can cost a fortune, experiencing the pure Asian and European flavors on your honeymoon trip is one of the must fun things to do in Sydney for couples.
Address: The Star, 80, Pyrmont Street, Level G, Sydney
Timings: Monday to Saturday: 6 pm to 10 pm; Saturday: 12 noon to 2 pm and 6 pm to 10 pm
Ratings: 3.9/5 (Zomato)
What To Eat: Fresh Marron, and Pork with crispy crackling
Meal For Two: $370 (approximate)
Average Time Spent: 2 to 3 hours
- It is highly recommended to book a table.
- You can also make online reservations through OpenTable 90 days in advance.
8. Hit The Milk Beach: Enjoy The Isolation
Located at the Hermit Bay, exploring the secluded Milk beach is one of most romantic couple things to do in Sydney. Offering picturesque views of the Sydney Harbor, honeymooners can experience the best of fishing and snorkeling at one of the most romantic beaches in Sydney.
Suggested Read: 20 Tourist Attractions In Australia You Can’t Afford To Miss
Location: Inside the Sydney Harbour National Park
Nearest Landmark: The Heritage listed Strickland House
How To Reach:
- Take the bus numbered 325 from Circular Quay and get down at Vaucluse road near Strickland house.
- Via other public modes, Milk beach can be reached within 15 minutes from the city center as it is located just 7 kilometers away from the Sydney Central.
7. Blu Bar On 36: A Romantic Date Night Is A Must When In Sydney
What’s a honeymoon without a date night? Date night works like magic on honeymoon and a special evening spent at Blu Bar on 36 will give the couple a perfect start. Creating magic amidst the blue hues of the evening sky in Sydney, Blu Bar on 36 offers the best panoramic views of the city and is a one of the most romantic things to do in Sydney at night.
Location: Level 36, Shangri-La Hotel, 176 Cumberland Street, The Rocks, Sydney
Timings: Monday to Thursday: 5 pm to 12 am; Friday to Saturday: 4 pm to 1 am; Sunday: 3 pm to 11 pm
Ratings: 4.1/5 (Zomato)
Best Cocktails To Drink: Yamazurakura, Burning Passion, and the Whiskey Cocktail
Meal For Two: $90 (with alcohol)
Average Time Spent: 2 to 3 hours
- Get to the bar in the evening to enjoy a perfect setting and outstanding views.
- Having said that, also make a note that tables will be assigned on the basis of first come, first serve.
6. Get To The Rose Bay: Fly & Dine With Sydney Seaplanes!
Sounds interesting right? Well it’s not just interesting but it is one of the unique and unusual honeymoon ideas that offers the services of fly and dine with Sydney Seaplanes. Fly with one of the Catalina flying boats and enjoy what Sydney feels like from 1000 ft above the sandstone coastline. Other than this, you can also opt to enjoy the signature fly & dine experiences at the Jonah’s restaurant, located at Whale Beach.
Suggested Read: Best Hotels In Sydney: Perfect Stays For All Budgets!
Location: 2 Vickery Ave, Rose Bay, Sydney
Timings: Monday to Wednesday: 8 am to 8pm; Thursday to Sunday: 8 am to 10 pm
Cost: $800 for a couple (two passengers)
Inclusions: Tour for 4 hours, sightseeing around Sydney, and Lunch
Exclusions: Hotel transfers and extra beverages
Departing Point: Rose Bay Terminal, Lyne Park
Nearest Landmark: Catalina Restaurant
How To Reach:
- By road, you can reach Sydney Seaplanes within 15 minutes from central Sydney.
- By ferries, one can reach Sydney Seaplanes within 12 minutes from Circular Quay.
5. Visit The Sydney Tower: Enjoy Mesmerizing Skyline Views
Getting on top of the Sydney Tower is one of the best things to do in Sydney at night to take a view of a new dimension of Sydney. Witness the spectacular night views as you spend a romantic evening with your better half and enjoy enthralling experience at the Skywalk. Though looking down from the glass floor will make you go weak in knees, a visit to Sydney Tower will surely make you feel on top of the world.
Location: 100, Market Street, Sydney
Timings: Monday to Sunday: 9 am to 10 pm
- 309 metres/1000 ft (from base to top of antennas)
- 250 metres/809 ft (Observation Deck)
- 268 metres/867 ft (Skywalk)
Timings: 9 am to 10 pm
Last Entry: 9 pm
4. Explore The Hunter Valley: Become A Prey Of Authentic Food & Wine
Being Australia’s oldest wine region, Hunter Valley is a perfect escape for honeymooners that is full of top class restaurants, vineyards, wineries and cellar doors. World-renowned for its classic wines and fresh local produce, Hunter Valley is one of the most romantic Sydney tourist attractions.
Location: North of Sydney
Timings: 9 am to 5 pm
Things To Do: Take a tour of the wineries and enjoy wine-tasting; Indulge in the day spas at the valley resorts; Witness panoramic views as you fly high in the hot air balloon; visit the Hunter Wine Theatre.
How To Reach:
- By air, take a direct flight from Sydney to Cessnock Airport which is the closest airstrip to Hunter Valley.
- By train, reach the Maitland and Singleton stations in Hunter Valley from Sydney Central Station.
- By road, take the M1 motorway from Sydney and drive north towards the Cessnock exit sign and reach Hunter Valley within two hours.
- To enjoy spectacular views, drive along the M1 motorway and take the Calga exit towards Tourist Drive 33 and relish the views that the Great North Road treats you with.
- Enjoy some quality time with your better half on a fun-filled bike tour in Hunter Valley.
3. Discover The Royal National Park: Don’t Miss To Hike The Coast Track
Owning a whole continent to itself, a honeymoon in Australia is so incomplete without exploring the coastal area, especially in Sydney. Feeling almost like a pathway to paradise, hiking on the Coast Track at Royal National Park is an epic experience for couples on their honeymoon.
Location: Royal National Park, Sutherland Shire, South of Sydney
Starting Point: Bundeena
Ending Point: Otford
Time Taken: Ideally 2 days combined with an overnight stay at the North Era campground
Distance Covered: 26 kilometers
Things To Do Along The Route: Perfect honeymoon getaway for backpacking couples; Enjoy a little swimming in the Little Marley Beach; Witness the best of bird watching and whale watching; Visit the Wattamolla Beach; Night views of the North Era beach during an overnight stay at the North Era Campground
- For those who plan to stay overnight at the camp, plan well in advance and do not forget to get the permit for bush camping from the park office.
- Whale watching can be best enjoyed during the months of May to August.
Take a look at the 360-degree view of the Royal National Park.
2. Rise With Blue Mountains: Combine It With Cliff Diving From The Gap
Away from the hustle and bustle of the city, escape into the realms of nature at Blue Mountains which makes Sydney one of the top adventure honeymoon destinations. Tour around the Blue Mountains and feel surrounded with romance in the air as you enjoy the epic views of lush greenery and rugged rocky mountains.
Suggested Read: 20 Unusual Honeymoon Destinations Not Meant For Ordinary Couples
Location: West of Sydney (About 50 kilometers)
Places to Visit Within Blue Mountains: Jamison Valley, Wentworth Waterfalls, Jenolan Caves, Valley of the Waters
Things To Do Within Blue Mountains: Walk through the stunning track of National Pass in the Blue Mountains. Starting from Wentworth Falls and up till the Grand Stairway, cover a distance of about 4.5 kilometers in just 2 to 4 hours.
How To Reach:
- By road, one can reach the Blue Mountains within 90 minutes by taking the M4 motorway from Sydney.
- By train, board the Blue Mountains Line from Central Station in Sydney and reach Katoomba within 2 hours.
- Don’t forget to take a hat and a sunscreen along.
- Carry enough water to keep yourself hydrated.
Take a look at the 360-degree view of the majestic Blue Mountains.
1. Bondi Beach to Coogee Beach: Cherish A Walk To Remember
Walking hand in hand with your better half was, is, and will always be the most romantic experience of one’s life. Of all the offbeat Sydney honeymoon attractions, the romantic coastal walk from Bondi beach to Coogee beach is one of the most romantic things to do in Sydney.. Treating you to some enthralling views, this walking route will take you through some of the best beaches, lush parks, rocky cliffs, bustling bays and stunning rock pools. Don’t miss out on this one.
Location: Eastern Suburbs of Sydney
Starting Point: Bondi Icebergs
Ending Point: Coogee beach
Time Taken: 2 to 3 hours
Distance Covered: 5 to 6 kilometers (one way)
Things To Do Along The Route: Enjoy whale watching from Marks Park; Swim, surf or relax at Mackenzie’s Point Beach in Tamarama; Enjoy snorkelling at Clovelly Beach
- Choose to walk this route on weekdays as the beaches are crowded on weekends.
- Get to the cliff top at Bronte beach to enjoy the panoramic views of Tamarama, Bronte, Bondi and Malabar Headlands, all together.
We’re sure this list has got you more than excited. Being vibrant, welcoming, and not letting anyone get bored even for a second, are few traits of Sydney that even you can experience on your sensual Australia honeymoon tour with TravelTriangle. If you know more of such romantic places to visit in Sydney for honeymoon, then do share them with us in the comments below!
Looking To Book An International Honeymoon?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.