Lush valleys and looming mountain ranges are the breathtaking beauty to explore and experience in the Himachal Pradesh state in India. It is a delightful abode that none can forget once visited. Himachal Pradesh is definitely much more than hill stations. Traitorous trekking routes and also its enchanted rivers along with the silent monasteries to comforting resorts, there is so much to discover in Himachal Pradesh in March that you need to plan itinerary meticulously. No matter whether you’re planning a weekend gateway or an extended holiday, this place will not disappoint you.
5 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
Along with Shimla and Manali, there are so many places to visit in Himachal in March which are the lesser-known, but equally beautiful like Bir, Chail and Reckong Peo among others that scintillate the visitors from the worldwide locations. Whether you’re planning a weekend getaway or a long holiday, Himachal Pradesh won’t disappoint you. Check out some of the best places where you can plan a memorable holiday.
1. The Mall Road, Shimla
No matter if it is the town’s most famous restaurants or the well-known fashion boutiques; Mall Road has plenty of things to keep you engaged. You can start exploring this place from the eastern side and continue west up to Scandal Point. Don’t forget to visit the Indian Institute of Advanced Study, as it is one of the marvels worth visiting Himachal Pradesh in March.
Distance: 1.5 km from Shimla Bus Stand
2. Manki Point, Kasauli
It is located in the foothills of the sub-Himalayan range. Mostly, couples prefer visiting this place as it is a nature–lover’s paradise. Also, it is the highest point in Kasauli thus provides panoramic views of the sparkling Sutlej as it flows into the plains, against the backdrop of the enormous Dhauladhar range. The weather in Himachal in March remains very much pleasant. So, plan a trip with your loved ones now and enjoy the best time to explore here.
Distance: 71.6 km from Shimla
Himachal Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle
3. Chail Palace, Chail
Chail is one of the most famous places to visit in Himachal Pradesh in the month of March. To experience the lifestyle of the royals, check into the grand rooms and walk through the attractively trimmed gardens, it offers ample avenues to peep into the past. Chail Cricket Ground, which is around 4 km from the Palace, is the highest cricket ground in the world.
Distance: 43.2 km from Shimla
Suggested Read: 15 Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In December 2019
4. Khajjiar Lake, Khajjiar
Khajjiar is called the Switzerland of Himachal Pradesh. It provides the rare combination of forest, lake, and grassland. The main attraction to the place is the famous Khajji Nag temple, which is located near to the lake. This temple was built in the 12th century and is dedicated to the worship of Khajji Nag, the lord of serpents.
Distance: 335.5 km from Shimla
Bilaspur is another popular destination to visit in Himachal Pradesh in March. Sights like Baba Nahar Singh Ji Temple, Bhakra Dam, Deotshidh Forest Bachhretu Fort, and others are the main attractions of this town. This small town is blessed with scenic beauty in plenty.
Top 3 Things To Do In Himachal Pradesh In March
Due to the clear weather, there are a plethora of things to do in Himachal Pradesh in March, and the possibilities are endless. You can do the trek in Spiti Valley, rock climbing in Shila, mountain biking in Bilaspur, Heli skiing in Rohtang Pass, paragliding in Solang Valley, and more. Below are some of the most popular activities you can do:
1. Try Adventure Sports In Manali
Manali is a place that not only offers trekking and camping for the beginner but also paragliding and heli-skiing to experience. It is certainly one of the greatest places in India for adrenaline junkies. Whether it’s a thrilling river-rafting ride during monsoon or discovering the snow-capped peaks during winter, it is the best place to experience adrenaline high amongst natural magnificence. Also, the trekking in Himachal Pradesh is best experienced in March.
2. Ride The Toy Train From Kalka To Shimla
Want to reach the ‘Queen of the Hills’? The historic UNESCO World Heritage Kalka-Shimla toy train is by far the best way available. Travelling from this toy train will take you through 102 tunnels and countless old-world railway stations. It is the best way to enjoy the weather in Himachal in March.
3. Watch The Sunset In Dalhousie
People generally believe that no two sunsets are the same. What do you think? Yes, this holds true for many places in Himachal from where you can spot an enormous sunset. One of them is the quiet hill town of Dalhousie. You can head over to any of the abundant vantage points, where the sun shines like a gem against the twilight landscape.
Food To Try In Himachal In March
Visiting Himachal Pradesh? You can’t afford to miss the traditional delicacies out there. Some of the popular food is listed as follows:
- Dham: Dham is one of the most popular traditional delicacies in Himachal. The dish is prepared during festivals and other special occasions of the locals. It is a complete meal that is prepared by special cooks called ‘botis’, who usually start the preparation in the wee hours of the morning for a feast in the afternoon.
- Sidu: Sidu is made from wheat flour and is considered as the type of traditional bread in Himachal. Best served with lots of butter and mutton, if you want to taste this, then get it in the restaurants across Himachal.
- Madra: Madra is one more popular dish from the Chamba region of Himachal Pradesh. It is usually prepared during festivals and other special occasions in the area. Made using saturated chickpeas or kidney beans, and a range of spices, Madra is best enjoyed with flatbread.
Tips For Travellers Visiting Himachal Pradesh In March
Below are some tips you should keep in mind while visiting Himachal Pradesh in March.
- Carry your essential daily needs like sunscreen, moisturizers, lotions, caps, and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun.
Always carry a water bottle or two while touring.
- Woollen clothes are a must when visiting Himachal Pradesh in March, as some areas in Himachal are chilly even during the summer.
- Don’t forget to carry your appropriate winter shoes and boots as they will be required for a hassle-free trip.
- If you’re planning to explore adventure sports and activities like trekking, paragliding, etc. then don’t forget to carry appropriate shoes, gear, clothing, and backpacks.
- You can’t miss clicking photographs visiting Himachal’s tourist spots as they are the memories for a lifetime. So, take camera batteries and cell-phone chargers along with you.
- You can also carry Id proof and essential documents safely with you for any emergencies.
- Personal medication is important.
How To Reach Himachal Pradesh
- By Train: Himachal Pradesh has two main railway lines, one connecting Pathankot to Kangra and the other one connecting Kalka with Shimla. But due to the huge crowd during the holiday season, you’ll hardly get the tickets to reach there. So, always prefer visiting Himachal Pradesh in March for maximum exploration.
- By Air: There are three domestic airports in the area. But they are not well connected with other parts of India. The best way to reach Himachal by air is to take a flight to Chandigarh, and then take a car or local buses.
- By Bus: Traveling Himachal Pradesh by road is the best option for you. It is pretty well connected with other states by road. You can enjoy the scenic beauty of the place from the bus window. Also, buses often ply from Punjab, Delhi, and Haryana for places like Shimla, Manali, and Dharamshala.
Himachal’s matchless beauty can’t be limited through our mortal eyes, but experiencing the splendour of this destination might just get us closer to feel the dreamlike spirit of this holiday spot in India. Plan your trip to Himachal Pradesh during the spring season right away and soak up the sunshine in the gorgeous hills. Himachal Pradesh in March will simply surprise you with its breathtaking valleys. Make the most of your spring vacation by referring to the guide provided above!
Frequently Asked Questions About Himachal Pradesh In March
A. There are various sports and adventure activities that travellers can do in Himachal, the likes of which include rock climbing, river rafting, mountain biking, paragliding, ice-skating, zorbing, trekking, toy train ride, and heli-skiing.
A. Hill stations in Himachal Pradesh that are a perfect Himalayan gateway are as follows:
1. Spiti Valley – a most scenic hill station in Himachal Pradesh
2, Manali – a most popular hill station in Himachal Pradesh
3. Dalhousie – old world magical hill station in Himachal Pradesh.
4. Mcleodganj – Land of his holiness the Dalai Lama
A. Traveling Himachal Pradesh by road is the best option for you. It is pretty well connected with other states by road. You can enjoy the scenic beauty of the place from the bus window. Also, buses often ply from Punjab, Delhi, and Haryana for places like Shimla, Manali, and Dharamshala.
A. Generally, locals of Himachal Pradesh prefer to eat all kinds of meat, lentil, and cereals. A typical everyday meal in the cuisine of Himachal Pradesh includes ‘dal-chawal-subzi-roti’.
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
People Also Read