If you are looking for the ultimate party destination in Sri Lanka, then all your quests will lead you to Hikkaduwa. The Hikkaduwa nightlife is famous for attracting all the party animals. It has one of the most vibrant party atmospheres. So famous is its nightlife that Hikkaduwa has a dedicated portal displaying all the nightlife party venues throughout the year! With the ocean waves in the background and the sandy beach beneath, the party will never stop in such a relaxing setting! You could milk the Hikkaduwa party scene without denting a hole in your wallet!
About Hikkaduwa Nightlife
Hikkaduwa is the coastal town located to the south of Colombo. The city attracts multitudes of tourists every year for various reasons. The swanky clubs, bars, and cafes are the main attractions of those visiting the town to enjoy the nightlife. The hippie town has transformed from being a backpackers’ stop to a party destination. Mushroomed along the 4 kilometers stretch of the coast is the heart of most of the hotels, restaurants, clubs, bars, and cafes. A steady influx of tourists keeps this town’s economy fueled.
Where to Enjoy the Hikkaduwa Nightlife
Just like hosting a party is all about the venue, attending a happening party is about knowing where the scene’s at!
- Vibration Music Bar
- Top Secret
- Mambos Place
- Funky De Bar
- Long Beach Surf Caf-
1. Vibration Music Bar
The Vibration Music Bar hosts a party every Friday that will kick-start your weekends. Even the lack of a beachfront cannot prevent the venue from hosting many international DJs who know how to keep up the tempo of the party. Vibration also has its own in-house band named Vibes Tribal Drummers who can work wonders with the percussion instruments. You could check into the room, pool, lounge, and restaurant of the Vibration Hotel to be a part of the party culture. The mouth-watering wraps served by the hotel can satiate your hunger pangs even at 5 in the morning!
2. Top Secret
Unlike its name, the nightlife at Top Secret is not a covert operation. The ambience of the club is the major attraction to those visiting Top Secret for a beach party. The eclectic cushions and mats spread out to accommodate the guests, bottles of booze, and upbeat music makes Top Secret the party destination to spend your Sunday nights. You could book a budget room at Top Secret to experience a party that never stops. The extensive menu offers a range of delicious dishes for the hungry party animals.
3. Mambos Place
Mambos Place is buzzing with when all the night owls come to life on the beachside. Mambos Place is the perfect host who has tons of experience with throwing extravagant parties. It has the perfect mix of music, crowd, and atmosphere. The venues proximity to the surf club invites the surfers to flaunt their surfing skills to a crowd of admiring strangers. The Mambos Place is the epicenter of all activities on Saturday nights. Head over to Mambos Place to make new acquaintances and to catch up with friends.
4. Funky De Bar
As the name suggests, Funky De Bar is the funkiest place in town to enjoy Thursday Nights at Hikkaduwa. You can bust out your grooves from sun down to sunrise! It has an impressive lineup of local and international DJs, who can set the perfect atmosphere for a colorful party. The beer and cocktails are reasonably priced. However, it is the warm and attentive staff that deserves full praise.
5. Long Beach Surf Caf-
Beat the Monday Blues at the Long Beach Surf Caf-. Relax and rejuvenate as you sip on their popular beverages while the serenity of the beach washes you over. The spot is also ideal for surfing. You could lounge with your fellow party goers or peacefully unwind with your friends and family at the Long Beach Surf Caf-.
Tips to Enjoy the Hikkaduwa Nightlife
Whether you wish to simply attend a party or you wish to play the host, the following are some handy tips to make the most of Hikkaduwa’s nightlife:
- Rent a Villa: A villa on rent is the best way to announce a lavish private party! Many villas and farmhouse are available on rent in Hikkaduwa. Some beachfront properties are also available at a decent price. Book a moderately sized apartment or villa with ample space to accommodate your guests and you are all set on the venue for your party! However, it is easy to get swayed so keep your budget in mind.
- Save on the Rent: When booking your rental property, it is advised that you book for only one or two nights online. You can then arrange the booking for the rest of your stay directly from the landlords. The locals will give you a better deal on your booking and making the booking in person offers scope on bargaining on the accommodation.
- Get Your Hands on Some Arak: Arak is a local alcoholic beverage that enjoys great popularity amongst the party animals. It is made by distilling the extracts collected from coconut palm sap. Sri Lankan Arak has a distinct taste and color. However, cases of poisoning due to spurious Arak have also been reported. Therefore, ensure that you purchase Arak from trusted dealers. A substitute for Arak is a beverage made from fermenting coconut sap wine.
- Word of Caution for Female Travelers: The local beach boys are known to cause a ruckus during the parties hence it is better if you can avoid them. These charming lads are known for enticing women with the purpose of conning them. Be wary of over-friendly locals who do not get the hint and know when to leave.
Further Read: Hikkaduwa Beach: Everything You Need To Know About It
So, if you are hoping to be a part of the vibrant nightlife of Hikkaduwa, then bear in mind the tips outlined above. These will be helpful to safely enjoy your time on this beach paradise. Plan your Sri Lankan trip with TravelTriangle and party at the best venues with your friends.
Disclaimer: Some images are for representation purposes only. TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hikkaduwa Nightlife
What is Hikkaduwa known for?
Hikkaduwa is a small coastal town of Sri Lanka which is quite popular for its pretty beaches, watersports, amazing seafood, relaxing massages, and beautiful Buddhist temples. Hikkaduwa is also a great place to enjoy beach parties and lively nightlife.
Which is the best time to visit Hikkaduwa?
Sri Lanka experience tropical climate which hot summers and mild winters. If you wish to enjoy the pleasant weather of Hikkaduwa, the best time to visit this beautiful city would between the winter months of November and March.
What is there to do in Hikkaduwa?
Though this place is popular for its wonderful watersports, here are a few more exciting things to do in Hikkaduwa
1. Take a Glass Bottom Boat Ride
2. Take a walk through the aromatic tea gardens
3. Spend some time with the turtles at The Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery
4. Go on a Madhu River Safari
5. Get a relaxing spa treatment
Is Hikkaduwa a great place to enjoy nightlife for solo females?
Sri Lanka is a safe place for females. So whether you are enjoying a night party or exploring the city all alone, you can always feel absolutely safe. But avoid dark and secluded places.
Are drinks in Hikkaduwa expensive?
Food and drinks in Hikkaduwa are slightly more expensive as compared to India. You can get a bottle of domestic beer for INR 126 and INR 195 for imported ones.
Where can I enjoy a beach party in Hikkaduwa?
Some of the best places where you can enjoy amazing beach parties in Hikkaduwa are:
1. Mambo’s Place
2. Vibration Music Bar
3. Top Secret
Is Hikkaduwa safe at night?
Hikkaduwa is generally safe at night but females should avoid going to secluded places all alone especially after sundown.
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.
People Also Read: