Love the concept of festivals wherein you can eat, drink, dance, chill, sleep, and repeat? Well then you’re going to love what these 10 best beach festivals in the world have in store for you. From soaking up goodness of the sun to vitamin sea, from exclusive live music entertainment to adventure sports, from nonstop dancing to watching movies endlessly, one can stay assured that there will never be a dull moment at these beach festivals around the world. Take a look!
- The Venice Beach Music Festival
- The Revere Beach National Sand Sculpting Festival
- The Curacao North Sea Jazz Festival
- The Hangout Music Festival
- South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- The Surfest
- The Boardmasters
- The Washington State International Kite Festival
- The Hawaii Food & Wine Festival
- The Cannes Film Festival
Top 10 Beach Festivals In The World
Pristine waters, sand, sea-breeze and sun together make the beach holidays fun. Its is a great way to relax and engage in water sports. But when you also get to attend some really amazing beach festivals during your holiday, the happiness multiplies. Here are 10 best beach festivals held in different parts of the world:
10. The Venice Beach Music Festival
Much awaited by the locals of California and travelers from all over the world, this summer beach festival is full of color, life, and love for fine arts. The annual Venice Beach Music Festival celebrates music, art, dance, and literature. This is a full day affair and is open to the general public.
Venue: West End of Windward Ave Venice, California, USA
Dates: 16th August 2020
9. The Revere Beach National Sand Sculpting Festival
Putting up huge sculptures on display which are made of sand and water by world’s best sculptors, Revere Beach is filled to the brim by spectators which makes it one of the best beach festivals in the world. Held on America’s first public beach, this festival sees sand sculpting competitions, food trucks, vendors and other entertainments.
Venue: Revere Beach, Revere, Massachusetts, USA
Held In: 24th July, 2020
8. The Curacao North Sea Jazz Festival
Considered to be one of the largest Caribbean beach music festival, this mega event stretches for 3 days and offers music of every kind ranging from R and B to soul, and from jazz blues to funk. The Curacao North Sea Jazz Festival is one of the biggest music events in the Carribean. Over the year, the festival has grown in popularity and size, with big names from the global music industry gracing the event.
Venue: Piscadera Bay Willemstad, Netherlands Antilles
Dates: 10 – 12 July, 2020
Entry: Approximately $1000 for 3 nights
7. The Hangout Music Festival
This international beach festival is all about music, rocking with your favorite artist on the stage, enjoying the stunning views of the beach, and let your hair loose with one of the best crowds in Alabama. This three-day festival is held in collaboration with its sister restaurant, the Hangout. There are shuttle and accommodation facilities available for the event, so make sure you check these options too while booking the tickets.
Venue: Gulf Shores Public Beach, Gulf Shores, Alabama, USA
Dates: 14 – 17 May, 2020
Entry: Approximately $300 per person
Suggested Read: 10 Uncommon & Unusual Festivals In India
6. South Beach Wine and Food Festival
Being one of the massive beach festivals in the world that is enjoyed for about five days in Miami, Florida, the South Beach Wine and Food Festival celebrates the art of cooking like never before amidst the top chefs from all over the world. This five-day destination event showcases talents of the world’s famous wine and spirit producers and culinery experts and chefs.
Venue: Miami Beach, Florida, USA
Dates: 19 – 23 February, 2020
Entry: Starts from $100 per person
5. The Surfest
One of the world-renowned and an offbeat beach festivals in the world, the Surfest attracts top-class surfers from all over the world to the Southern Hemisphere of Australia. This is the largest surfing festival in the Northern hemisphere with more than 700 countries participating in it.
Venue: Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Dates: 7 March, 2020
Suggested Read: 7 Food Festivals In Europe To Add To Your 2020 Bucket List
4. The Boardmasters
Reckoned to be one of the most popular beach festivals in the world, the Boardmasters provides one of the greatest platforms for professional surfers and skateboarders at the Fistral Beach. Combining their favorite adventure with music, you might as well get to watch global popular artists perform live on stage. This four – day event is a huge hit among the young generation surfers and music lovers.
Venue: Fistral Beach, Cornwall, England, UK
Dates: 5 – 9th August, 2020
Entry: Approximately $200 to $260 per person
3. The Washington State International Kite Festival
Can you believe a week-long celebration just for kite competitions? If your answer is no, then you have to be a part of one of the best beach festivals in the world to believe it. Held in Washington, the sky comes alive with colorful kites in the day as well as in the nights. The event is hosted by the World Kite Museum in America, an organization that is dedicated to the kites history and kite making and flying.
Venue: Long Beach, Washington, USA
Dates: 17 – 23 August, 2020
2. The Hawaii Food & Wine Festival
Who wouldn’t love three full weekends of wine tasting, feasting on delicious cuisines, and rejuvenating in the Hawaiian air? Watch more than a hundred chefs cook for you, along with top personalities of the culinary world at this beach festivals, 2020. A part of the money generated by the sale of tickets for this event is sent to the farmers, ranchers, and fishermen of Hawaii. The event held over three – weekends features more than a hundred international chefs and culinary artists.
Venue: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Dates: 2 – 25 October, 2020
Entry: Starts from $275 approx. per person
Suggested Read: 23 Best Places To Spend Christmas In Europe In 2020
1. The Cannes Film Festival
One of the much awaited festivals in Europe, Cannes Film Festival adds the much-needed glamour to one of the popular beach festivals in the world. Indulge in fun and frolic while you get unlimited access to drinks, movies, and endless celebrity sightings. With movie screenings on wide screens installed at the beach, this event is a hit.
Venue: Cannes, France
Held In: 12-23 May 2020
Entry: Starts from $1,800 approx. per person
Other Beach Festivals In The World
There are many other beach festivals that are held in different parts of the world to celebrate various occasions. Following is a list of such festivals held mainly in Croatia, Spain and the rest of the world.
1. Croatia beach festivals
- Sonus Festival: A perfect setting of 5 days and 5 nights for electro music lovers.
- Ultra Europe: This 3-day event is the place to be for EDM maniacs.
- Dimensions or The Outlook Festivals: With the Adriatic Sea in the backdrop, these two events bring the best of urban music to Croatia.
- Spring Break Island: Believing in dancing till you drop? Be a part of this stunning festival.
- Zcre Spring Break Europe: Set on the most beautiful Zcre Beach, unwind with some of the best house and techno music at this festival.
2. Spain beach festivals
- Barcelona Beach Festival: A place which is famous for its festive nature, Barcelona beach fest is the ultimate haven for music and dance lovers.
- Primavera Sound: Love Rock music? Then you can’t miss out on Primavera.
- MEO Sudoeste: Revel in the five-day celebration of food, music, and dance, in the Portugese style.
3. Beach festivals in other parts of the world
- Cavendish Beach Music Festival, Canada: There’s no chance country music lovers are gonna miss this three-day long bash.
- Electrobeach Music Festival, France: Dance to the tunes of artists like Martin Garrix, and David Guetta at this three-day EDM fiesta.
- Beyond The Valley, Australia: With international music, unlimited beer, authentic Aussie food, and lined cocktails, you couldn’t have asked for more on New Year’s Eve in Australia.
- Gnaoua Festival, Morocco: Ready to party in Bohemian environs? Then get ready to groove to some of the best African beats including jazz reggae, and acrobatic dancing.
- Soul Beach Music Festival, Aruba: A fantastic five-day carnival that celebrates the true flavors of Caribbean musical culture.
- Sziget, Hungary: With River Danube in the backdrop, Sziget is the perfect 8-day festival that includes heated spring baths, exquisite sky-bars, and theatre shows as well.
- Annie Mac Presents: Lost & Found Festival, Malta: For those who’ve been yearning for the best pool parties, be a part of the Lost & Found Festival that takes places right in the heart of Mediterranean Sea.
That’s quite an exhaustive list of the best beach festivals in the world. And with such crazy options, let us know which one would you like to be a part of? But before you tell us, plan a trip to your favorite international destination to enjoy the awesome combination of beaches and festivals. Happy holidays!
Frequently Asked Questions About Beach Festivals In The World
A. Some of the biggest festivals in the world include:
4. Woodstock (Poland)
5. Rock In Rio
A. Some of the most popular music festival are:
1. Coachella – USA
2. Tomorrowland – Belgium
3. Exit – Serbia
4. Splender In The Grass – Australia
5. Fuji Rock – Japan
Q. What is the most celebrated festival in the world?
A. Rio Carnival in Brazil is the most celebrated festival in the whole world. Arguably the biggest festival in the world, it is considered “the greatest show on Earth.”
A. The Reading Festival is thought to be the oldest popular music fest that has been going on since 1961.
Q. What’s the biggest EDM festival in the world?
A. 1. Tomorrowland, Belgium
2. Electric Daisy Carnival, US
3. Sensation, Amsterdam
4. Ultra Music Festival, Miami
5. Global Gathering, UK
6. Electric Zoo, United States
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.